• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Typical MPG on tow vehicle?

Me too, now.
Do you do that with an inline?
It seems like with the inline most people start using the front ramps.
(Sorry, did not mean to get too far off the MPG point of the thread. Trailer shopping gets me scrambled. :) )
Yes I do t use the front door . Just back them in with no problem .

I have a 2016 F150 2.7 EB 4x4 Super Cab XL FX4 Sport (very basic) with 3.73 rear end and OMG... does that lil f’er haul #*$&@! Haha!!!
Yeah I love this truck, my buddy has Hemi Ram and the same trailer and sleds, this little EcoBoost just flat out runs circles around the RAM towing or not.

2011 F250 6.2 gas CCLB 4X4
178,XXX hard miles

IMG_0998.JPG
Unloaded mixed city driving ~ 11-12 MPG
Unloaded Freeway 60-80MPH ~ 14-15MPG

2012 Apex X-TX 9500 and counting
Well I tend to haul my sled in my truck bed... I've built a box to keep the ramp under the sled while in transport so the sled creates a bit more drag... My boys love to ride along!!!

IMG_0821.jpg

Hauling the sled at 70-85MPH ~ 10-11 MPG
Hauling the sled and a capped two place with 2 sleds at 70-85 MPH 8~9MPG

I also pull a lot of weight with this truck... 15,000 pounds a crack in this
IMG_0198.JPG

Fully loaded with boulders at freeway speeds 8-10 MPH
Loaded with a skidsteer at freeway speeds 7-9MPH

And my 27 foot camper should never be more then 8000 pounds fully loaded...

IMG_0996.jpg

Gas mileage depends so much on wind direction and speed when towing this... My time is worth a lot to me so when traveling I'm generally passing people... My favorite thing is when I blow by a diesel truck pulling weight... Makes me feel good about my gasser!!!

Lets just say I've seen as goods as 9.8 MPG towing at (or above) freeway speed once and closer to a 7.5 MPG average at those same speeds... One trip home from Duluth I was bucking a major headwind and I wanted out of the truck bad... 5.8 MPG the whole way home!!!

Next year I'll have a sled deck... and a SXS... The summer camping trips could get expensive :O

Back