• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Typical MPG on tow vehicle?

Last trip netted me 8mpg. Just getting worse. Lol!
Might have to look at that new 3.0 diesel from Ford.
Even though Ford rates it at 30mpg. I make a bet it's 15mpg or less when pulling.
We all know how that goes.....

8mpg???? I got that from a '93 throttle body 1 ton with 4.10 and old three speed. Lol.

So your going to buy a new truck because your pulling a parachute trailer to pinch a few more MPGs...LOL and then you cant become a VIP ... $15/Year.. Really? LOL
I think I found a new hobby.. busting your balls!! :D this is worth every MPG.

Last trip netted me 8mpg. Just getting worse. Lol!
Might have to look at that new 3.0 diesel from Ford.
Even though Ford rates it at 30mpg. I make a bet it's 15mpg or less when pulling.
We all know how that goes.....

8mpg???? I got that from a '93 throttle body 1 ton with 4.10 and old three speed. Lol.
Ever check it with no ethanol? Alcohol has higher octane which resists knock, and may allow timing to advance farther,but gallon per gallon, it has less btu's than straight gas. Since less energy per unit, less mileage. I picked up 2 mpg in my old 318 gas dodge with no ethanol premium ( in NY, fastrack and stewarts shops), but it doesn't seem worth the extra money as its 40 cents or more a gallon over 87.

So your going to buy a new truck because your pulling a parachute trailer to pinch a few more MPGs...LOL and then you cant become a VIP ... $15/Year.. Really? LOL
I think I found a new hobby.. busting your balls!! :D this is worth every MPG.

I was just about to review my VIP application, and now this #*$&@! Can't we all just get along? F*** me.......lol

Sumpbuster, I pulled with 87 up and 91 (no ethanol) down last trip. Zero changes. I did go faster home. So, inconclusive to be honest. But I should have gotten better on the way home. All down hill.
I'm just wondering why? Not to disturbing. Well......

IDK????

I was just about to review my VIP application, and now this #*$&@! Can't we all just get along? F*** me.......lol

LMAO.. your the best.. :D , you on the next ride?
BTW, I traded in my 07 Denalli and picked up a new 2018 GMC with 6.2 and 8 speed trans.. 11 to 12 mpg pulling a 24ft 4 place. at 62 to 65 mph.

Dam only 15 bones to become a “Very Important Person”! That’s a deal! just look at what all those politicians have to spend to be somebody. Hey MrSled does VIP allow us to belittle non VIP members? If so I need to get mine so I can hammer on JT!
:whore:

LMAO.. your the best.. :D , you on the next ride?
BTW, I traded in my 07 Denalli and picked up a new 2018 GMC with 6.2 and 8 speed trans.. 11 to 12 mpg pulling a 24ft 4 place. at 62 to 65 mph.

I'd be stoked! I just feel after 25 seasons and 5 different tow vehicles, it should be getting better, right?

My ADHD sucks!!! Makes me go 75mph. Lol. I will take some medicine to slow me down...... seriously.

Not 100% sure. I have to drop sled off at dealer. And that always makes me feel like throwing up!

Dam only 15 bones to become a “Very Important Person”! That’s a deal! just look at what all those politicians have to spend to be somebody. Hey MrSled does VIP allow us to belittle non VIP members? If so I need to get mine so I can hammer on JT!
:whore:

Hell ya.. we need the VIP so we dont loose the server after Yamaha pulls out on me...LOL.. JOKE>> I have no idea if they will.

I'd be stoked! I just feel after 25 seasons and 5 different tow vehicles, it should be getting better, right?

My ADHD sucks!!! Makes me go 75mph. Lol. I will take some medicine to slow me down...... seriously.

Not 100% sure. I have to drop sled off at dealer. And that always makes me feel like throwing up!

I use to watch the MPG all the time.. it just made me miserable. I gave up on it and just was happy to be going snowmobiling. Its just not a MPG sport no matter how you look at it.

As far as your sled, get that sucker into the dealer. I have had 3 reverse slippages at speed into neutral and every time it took out the chain-case. The upper bearing from china is garbage.

As far as your sled, get that sucker into the dealer. I have had 3 reverse slippages at speed into neutral and every time it took out the chain-case. The upper bearing from china is garbage.

Not on your Sidewinder?

Efficiency is a good barometer of performance. That's why I pay attention to it.

Not on your Sidewinder?

Efficiency is a good barometer of performance. That's why I pay attention to it.

I have not had a SW problem yet but the Vipers are notorious for the shifting and bearing failure and its basically the same drive.

Guy's i love my ford truck's and am hoping that this motor gets better, its been around in Europe in land Rover vehicle's for a while and is somewhat ok there, here its in the ford transit van series and its a complete turd, nothing but problems, probably cause of the stricter emissions.
It is not in the Transit, that is a inline 5 cyl, this is a V6 which was a Jag/Land Rover design and redone/improved by the Ford 6.7L Diesel team. The main complaint I have on Diesels is the cost of an oil change a the price of Diesel and now DEF. I will stick to my 2.7L EcoBoost F150.

Last edited:

Back