• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Front Bushing Install Q

The Snow D.O.

Lifetime Member
Capital Region, New York ( My Heart is in the Adir
Website
www.ilsnow.com
I am currently in the process of installing the front bushing kit. I have only installed left lower bushings. I installed both bushings with the flange facing the front of the sled as Allen suggested. Now I can't get the nylon spacers that were originally between the bulkhead and the a-arm to fit back in place. Is this normal? Has anyone used only one of the spacers or have people just left the spacers out all together? Would like to get this right the first time as tearing this thing down is a bit of a PITA. Thanks!!!

You should have no problem putting the nylon cap back in. Are you sure the bushings are seated properly? I did mine a few weeks back with no issues.

Long Track said:
You should have no problem putting the nylon cap back in. Are you sure the bushings are seated properly? I did mine a few weeks back with no issues.

larrypolaris said:
Did mine in the Fall.
Tight fit but everything went in place. Be sure
the bushings are set in all the way.

The bushings are seated as well as I can seat them. Had the A-arms powdercoated but I doubt that that is the issue.

Did you guys install the engine side bushings with the flange of the bushing on the a-arm side of the bulkhead like Allen recommended? Or did you install them as they had been inserted from the factory?

I did my RX1 and Attak at the beginning of the season and I didn't have any issue getting the nylon spacers back in. I installed the bushings just like Allen said in the instructions. I'll bet the powdercoating is causing your clearance problem....

Where did you get the bushing kit? Is it for the a-arm only or are there bushings for the bulkhead also? I just realized that mine are shot all the way around (both sides, top and bottom) and the dealer has some ordered for me. Maybe in 2 weeks. Are the ones you're installing better than stock? I just purchased this sled and have 2 rides on it. It seems to dive a bit at slower speeds in the deep snow, so could this be the culprit?

Ulmer Racing sells the kit. Yes, they are supposed to be better than stock. I plan on installing the kit as soon as my stock ones wear out. Here is a link to Ulmer's website.

http://www.ulmerracing.com/

Back