• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr-viper mcx 190
I have the last month or so tried to mail ulmer racing several times to order a clutch kit for my mcx viper, but is not getting any respons, is Ulmer out of order or tust busy and filtrating mails?

I tried getting ahold of him many times throughout the summer to get Gears ordered for my Apex. No call backs. This fall I finally did get through once but he didn't have anything in stock and said to call back the next week. By that point I decided not to regear it this year if ever. Good luck. He was very helpful and friendly the one time I did speak with him.

I have the last month or so tried to mail ulmer racing several times to order a clutch kit for my mcx viper, but is not getting any respons, is Ulmer out of order or tust busy and filtrating mails?

I tried calling a couple weeks ago. Left a message ....haven’t heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called and sent email with no responses. Frustrating to say the least!

Not how I would operate.

got clutch kit from him2 weeks ago ordered on line and clutch kit is right on for my turbo viper
I tried order direct from the site, but since i live in norway i have to email him to order.
Only people from us and canada can order direct on the site.

Well I have kept my mouth shut but time to end my silence!!!!

I gave Allen my 14 viper and a wad of cash 2-1/2 yrs ago to build me a drag sled and to date nothing but broken promises and a couple of dyno sheets 2yrs ago. I have emailed asking if he is around so I can pick up what is left of it and no answer he is almost 8 he one way drive to get to.

Well I have kept my mouth shut but time to end my silence!!!!

I gave Allen my 14 viper and a wad of cash 2-1/2 yrs ago to build me a drag sled and to date nothing but broken promises and a couple of dyno sheets 2yrs ago. I have emailed asking if he is around so I can pick up what is left of it and no answer he is almost 8 he one way drive to get to.
Really? Wow! Seems strange.

I know Allen is a very knowledgeable guy and sells many great products, but I was severely disappointed in his timeliness and customer service. I ordered an oilite bushing kit from him a few years ago 18 days before a trip I had planned. I had to call (and actually got ahold of him) at day 10 to see what was up and his response was "I'll try to get to the post office in the next couple days" after I had told him I needed the parts for a trip. Had I not been able to intercept parts at the post office, and then take an extra day off of work to finish my sled, he would have cost me going on a trip. Certainly will not buy anything I need in a timely fashion from him ever again.

I have since become self employed and am a 1 man operation, and there is no way I could even fathom conducting business in that manor. I couldn't imagine being in Yamadog's position.

From anyone who has dealt with Ulmer Racing, you have not been disappointed with his knowledge and customer service, when you can get ahold of him. I have dealt with him over the last few years and I would recommend him to anyone. He has a farm and a business. Hopefully someday he could expand his business because he has been a great asset to me for tuning. He is very, very, knowledgeable. I too have been discouraged in the past, especially in the winter, but for the times I have gotten ahold of him I have been very impressed. Keep trying, you wont be disappointed.

Yes phone tag gets frustrating but like said above he is an absolute great asset to have help set up a sled. Knows and understands everything he sells. Is it worth having someone behind the counter answering phones and not truely giving you the best possible advice and parts recommendations? Roll the dice but I bet when you actually get ahold of him you’ll be thankful you did

Just a few comments regarding Ulmer Racing, I don't know them well, but I took my Winder there for reflashing, reclutching, and boosted turbo. I don't live far away. The guy is very busy, I can see that for sure, but he gave me a date and a price of what it would cost to do the work I wanted done, and he did not let me down. IT was less than two weeks from the first call to when I picked up my sled. He was very careful, always asking the right questions to make sure I got what I wanted when he was done. I have known Yamaha fanatics in USA and Canada for 20 years, and I can tell you he has a great reputation for delivering the goods, and spending as much time needed explaining and understanding what you are looking for. Like others have said, he is a busy man, and probably not fully dedicated to just snowmobiling parts. When I was having my problems with the charging system in Canada, he returned my calls within the hour and answered my questions. Like I said in my earlier post, his 275 kit leaves me breathless at times. Hopefully you can reach him and he has the time to help you. But I can assure you he is still in business and doing great work.

Back