• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmers alignment offset tool

BR*

for all the guys that bought Ulmers alignment offset tool how accurate is it, I have a 2009 Apex Gt and put it on and it shows that my centre to centre is off , that I have to lenghten the distance, also my offset is off. For the guys that have used this tool to ajust offset and centre to centre ,did it make any difference in performance, i.e. top mile per hour, hole shot, belt life, please let me know before I ajust, just find it funny for a 2009 to be off on both specs.
Thanks BR

I bought one and used it on my phazer and cc and offset were bang on. Never blew any belts this season and i have 1700miles so far. You could measure up the tool you bought and see if it is in spec. Wouldnt suprise me your machine is needing clutch alignment!!!

Otter

About 75% of the sleds I work on have engine alignment out when they come in. I've been using Ulmers bar for a few years now and don't have any customers with belt issues.

I just put a new motor in my sled and I bought the clutch tool and my motor has to go forward a touch, can anyone tell me how to move the motor forward a hair??..thxs..btw its a 03 rx1

srxguy said:
I just put a new motor in my sled and I bought the clutch tool and my motor has to go forward a touch, can anyone tell me how to move the motor forward a hair??..thxs..btw its a 03 rx1

Forward on which side? I'll guess PTO, since almost every motor I adjust is a bit short on center-to-center.

Remove the nuts on the front left/right and the nut behind your brake disc. Tap the bolts back enough that they are close to flush with the slotted adjustment spacers.

You need to turn the PTO side spacer in (clockwise when looking at spacer from PTO) while turning the mag side out an equal # of turns. The adjustment spacer behind your brake goes in an equal number of turns to the PTO (which is the same amount that you backed the mag side out).

If you have a spare 13mm socket that you can sacrifice this job is a bit easier. Use a grinder to cut the socket into the 'male' version that will fit inside the 'female' spacer. A chisel will work in a pinch if you don't have a spare socket.

Thanks Jim, yes its the pto side. I have ulmers clutch tool and the center to center is off just alittle. I layed the tool on the primary and it does sit on the jackshaft but its not perfect...Will it hurt anything to run it like this for a couple days or no?..Thanks again

Back