• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Understanding the fox float evol and evol R

Kuzzy

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 yamaha sidewinder xtx se
2022 STX GT
2017 King Cat M9000
My sled has the evol all the way around except the rear where it has the evol R. Can somebody explain to me in simple person terms what the cause and effects of adding air to each chamber? My limited understanding is that adding air to the main chamber is cranking up the spring on a coil over, but does the evol need to go up the same amount? If I can understand what is happening, then I am hoping to set up my sled the way I want which is some catwalking (when I really need the front end up in a hurry) and climbing up on top of the snow when it gets 3 or more feet deep.

Last edited:

cannondale27 is who I would reach out to.. He might still be out west riding.. But He will know the answer to your questions about those shocks.. Matter fact he might run air shocks on his viper

Adjust evol first and then main

Main sets ride height
Evol is the oh #*$&@ stuff.

cannondale27 is who I would reach out to.. He might still be out west riding.. But He will know the answer to your questions about those shocks.. Matter fact he might run air shocks on his viper
cannondale got back to me in a message. I still have alot to learn before my mountain trip on thursday lol.

Back