• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

Anyone know how much snow cranberry lake has? I went to st Regis falls yesterday and they had plenty of snow and perfect trails I don't want to go to cranberry tomorrow if they don't have enough

I got 505.5 miles total for the 3 days, not too bad for conditions and with all the trails closed for logging. Wednesday we broke trail most of the afternoon and just did a loop around Cranberry and Childwold area while it snowed like crazy. Thursday made our way up to Tupper Lake for lunch and back, got 175 miles on mine for Thursday. Friday we did 225.5 total, We found trails that ranged from good to bad to ugly and then back to good again.. For the snow coverage we had I think it was a pretty good ride. I was glad, with the thin snow, no one hit anything and had any major damage.. Oh, btw, I've got a post up in the "wanted" section looking for a good set of stock yamaha plastic skis... lol, mine got a little worn on the way home... Tricia and I were glad we had the truck in Cranberry so we had a warm ride home thats for sure.. Hope everyone had an enjoyable time, I'll be trying to make the TY NY rides every year where ever it ends up being...

Thanks to Mr. Pitstop for leading us around the Cranberry lake area the last three days. We had 8 riders on Wed., 9 riders on Thursday, and 13 riders on Friday. Like Nick said the trails ranged from Good to Poor. A solid 2 feet of snow on the ground aroud Cranberry lake after the Wed. snowstorm, but it only amounted to about 6" on the trails. Thanks to everyone for coming up for the ride, Dave#1, Dave#2, Steve, Mark, Dusty, Dan, John, Walt, Jamie, Jordan, Patrica, and of course Nick. Always great to see the old regulars, plus some new faces each ride. I hope a good time was had by all. Now we can all spend the next few days putting on new Carbides and Hyfax. Look for information on the next New York casual ride that will be held some time in February. I was glad to see a fresh 5" of snow in my driveway when I got home, with more to come. If I can figure out how to reduce my pictures, I may post a couple sometime. Take care, BBW

X2. Was a good week. Had a lot of fun with everyone. Too bad for closed trails and road riding, but it was nice too see everyone and meet some new people! Hope too see some of those pictures!

Welp, for my first NY casual ride, I had a good time, great group of guys and lots of laughs... here's the pics I took, I'll let Dan explain the bottom one, lol, then Steve can share where we got the repair part... lol

Attachments

• Picture 343 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 343 (Medium).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 344 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 344 (Medium).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 345 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 345 (Medium).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Picture 346 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 346 (Medium).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture 347 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 347 (Medium).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 136
I enjoyed myself immensely and was glad to meet some new faces. Just got done replacing the carbides, left one had only the studs remaining :o|

Looking forward to the Feb. ride, hopefully in my area. Stay tuned for a pending post. And for those new to the group rides we usually do an average of 150 miles with good conditions so those less experienced riders may not have such a good time.

Well I just threw my new carbides on my old skis and Im not sure if they are ruined or not. I managed to draw the carbide tight to the ski but not sure if the ski is missing some plastic. Anyone got a pic of the bottom of a yamaha plastic ski?? I also found 3 loose studs I'll have to replace (won't tighten) But other than that, sled seams to have faired well....

RX-1MAN said:
And for those new to the group rides we usually do an average of 150 miles with good conditions so those less experienced riders may not have such a good time.

I'm currently shopping for a new sled, but unfortunately the above is the reason I will not be joining you guys on any rides in the future. My old body can't handle that kind of mileage. I still love to ride, but I will limit myself to easier and more social rides.

So, if anyone on TY wants to setup a ride that will be lower mileage, stop and enjoy the sites and trips under 100 miles a day, and socialize in the evenings....I'm in!

Jamie and i had an amazing time! yes we are SORe as hell and love it!! We learned how to prepare for future rides and what to exspect. We want to thank everyone for looking out for us and being so patient!!!! I must say That everyone was so welcoming and very good to be around. We cant wait for the next TY N.Y. ride!! we are posting pics soon...i have a ton! special thanks to HONK for looking out for us constantly and Nick and trish for being great hosts!! :yam:

As for the pictures lol, well all i have to say is thanks steve and mark for the zip ties and ratchet strap to hold my upper a arm to the spindle to we could "limp" it back haha, and also thanks to steve for the use of his lug nut off his jeep to hold it on for the rest of the week. :)

Nick- special thanks to you and your wife for treating us all like good friends and your effort for doing your best on planning the ride. Guys- great riding with you all. Being among a group of pros is the best. Look to seeing you all on the next ride.

mr.pitstop said:
Nice Pics Dusty, anyone else got any they can post?? I'd like to see em..

Wish I had more, but I was busy catching up most of the time, lol! Anyone good at Photoshop? Need to replace that Phazer with a Viper, lol

Back