• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
This ride is now know as the NY ride, so I do not have to bother getting everyone to sign a wavier. We got to really get the ball rolling for this upcoming ride. The Two weeks that seem to be the best are Wed. Jan.12th-Sat. Jan.15th; or Feb. 16th-Feb 20th. We need to decide this quickly. I checked into 3 Hotels that Mr. Pitstop suggested. Two are on the Lake. Cranberry lake Lodge has two rooming potions. In the Lodge $98 for a room with two double beds, in their motel at the Cranberry Lake Lodge $75 for a room with two double beds. I think there is a 10% tax on both of these options. At the Cranberry Lake Lodge and Hotel there is a loss of 1 nights downpayment if you cancel after the reservations are made. The other place on the lake is Stone Manor Motel. There rate is $60 + tax for a double room. They have no cancellation policy. You pay nothing when you make reservations. You just pay when you show up. The third place he mentioned is on Rt. 3 off the lake and has no trail going there but we coild bush whack there if needed. I did not call that place up. I believe The Cranberry Lake Lodge is the nicer place. Both have restaraunts. What does everybody think?
The itinerary would be to leave my house about 10:00 on Wed. morning for a Bagger trip up to Cranberry. We can ride either 2 or 3 days up in that area with Mr. Pitstop leading us. We have to decide wether we want to ride back to my house on Saturday or Sunday. For those who don't want to do the bagger trip, they can just meet us up where we are staying and ride with us each day up there. In your posts to this topic please say wether you are leaving from my house for the bagger trip or meeting us up to Cranberry Lake. Each day at Cranberry we will start our ride at 9 AM sharp. I will arrange for Mr. Pitstop to meet us by Star Lake area Late Wed. afternoon so we can get the correct trail to the Hotel we choose. If for some reason with a week to go before our trip, and there is no snow up in the Cranberry lake area we can ride Tug Hill area instead. We would probably be able to find rooms at either The Edge, or River View, or even that hole in the wall(I forgot the mane) that Steve stays in at the intersection of Rt. 12 ans Rt. 177. Lets get the date and the Hotel finalized in the next two weeks. I got to go now, and get out and put a few miles on around my house.
:jump: :jump:

I vote for January as i will be gone that week in feb to ride in new hampshire. hopefully everyone can work that out cause i am dying to ride there. I will be leaving from my house Gordon in remsen and meeting you guys on the trail somewhere so we will have to figure that out also.

Any word on any night life up in that area? any of the hotels/lodges have a bar for some drinks?

Im ready to book a spot if you guys go that weekend!!!

I would prefer the hotel with the least expensive cancellation policy as the winters have not been in our favor planning past trips. January dates are fine with me, ride 2 days in Cranberry and return to Gordon's Saturday. That way I'll have Sunday to ride back to my house if snow conditions allow.

If ride ends up on Tug Hill that week I definitely won't be staying at the LeHav(that hole in the wall) LOL.

Re: UPDATE!!! 2011 NY TY Ride.

BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
We would probably be able to find rooms at either The Edge, or River View, or even that hole in the wall(I forgot the mane) that Steve stays in at the intersection of Rt. 12 ans Rt. 177.

Awwwe come on, I only stayed there 2 times in 9 years of sledding the Hill. Besides, RX1-Man said he really really like the place. The walls sweat, the tv's dont work, and he liked the old musty smell in all the rooms....what could be better. Ahhhh, the Le Hav Motel, right next to Doyles Pub on Rt 177. Ehh, no need for Le Hav since I found the Freeman (my choice for lodging up there......or whatever mamby-pamby foofy Hotel it is the TY guys require.

That time slot in Jan works for me too. I'll be up to ride Weds morning, wherever it is. The ony concern is orernight parking, if we did the bagger trip leaving from around your way, BBW. Guess we can work on those details.

Sounds like gordon may have some room for parkin at his place. I can check adirondack lanes and see if overnight parking is allowed. Or I could make some room at my place to park also. There is a little road riding to do from leaving from my house but I do it everytime I ride anyway lol. So thats another option for ppl im about ten minutes from bowling alley

2008FxNytro said:
I vote for January as i will be gone that week in feb to ride in new hampshire. hopefully everyone can work that out cause i am dying to ride there. I will be leaving from my house Gordon in remsen and meeting you guys on the trail somewhere so we will have to figure that out also.

Any word on any night life up in that area? any of the hotels/lodges have a bar for some drinks?

Im ready to book a spot if you guys go that weekend!!!

There are a few good hot spots in the area. The Cranberry Lake Lodge has a nice bar and its within walking distance to their rooms or the Stone Manors rooms so if you stay at either place you will be able to walk to the bar. There is also a few good spots in Windfall, Newton Falls, and Star Lake that are good hits depending on whats going on that weekend, some have DJs or live music.

The rooms at the Cranberry Lake Lodge are a little bigger and nicer than the Stone Manor but the Stone Manor dosn't have the cancelation policy and they are still right on the trail.

There is plenty of parking at either place or behind the community center in Cranberry Lake or in Newton Falls for anyone who wants to trailer up.

The other Motel that BBW was talking about has rooms with two beds for $50/night. Its definatley the cheapest rate but its not right on the trail. You can get to the trail but its about 5-7 miles of one lane, bumpy trail to get to the main trails and the nearest night life is 5 miles up the road. It would be ok if anyone was on a very tight budget, but not the best choice for convenience or fun...

Either of those dates works for me, once we decide I'll just make sure I request if off from work and I'll be good to go so whatever works for everyone else.

Once the plan is finalized you guys can let me know what time you'll be getting into Star Lake or Cranberry Lake area and I can meet up with ya on the trail or at the gas station or something, get everyone to the motel and meet you out for a drink to get our next day ride planned out..

Usually if tug hill has snow we do too, not always but usually... Of course there is usually a week long mid winter thaw that will hopefully not happen on our week.. We'll hope for the best at this point since there is really nothing we can do about it and if the ride locations changes to tug hill, I'll meet everyone down there and ride....

Hopefully the lake will be smooth, there is a strip about a mile and a half long in front of the Cranberry Lake Lodge that people race back and forth on all winter, its great fun to sit at the bar and watch the sleds go back and forth in front of the window, and even more fun to take a slightly boosted apex out there and spank em all... lol... Always a good time...

:-o :-o :-o :-o

either of those dates work for me and I'll be trailering to cranberry. I cant wait to ride as of yesterday my warrior is running and ready to roll.

mr.pitstop said:
Once the plan is finalized you guys can let me know what time you'll be getting into Star Lake or Cranberry Lake area and I can meet up with ya on the trail or at the gas station or something, get everyone to the motel and meet you out for a drink to get our next day ride planned out..

Have you ever ridden to top of Whiteface? That would be a trip I'd love to do sometime. Viperman and I rode out of Tupper couple different times quite a few years ago but never made it there. I do remember eating at Thirsty Moose one day. Another time we had lunch at Mountain View Inn and got gas at Samson's Bar and Grill I believe. I do know the riding is great in the area and traffic practically non existent.

Never been up whiteface, I've been to Tupper plenty and up to Mountain View but never rode into Saranac or Lake Placid. We will stop on the top of Little blue on our ride if its nice and clear thats a great view.

All sound like great destinations for the ride.

Top of Whiteface sounds great, if possible. Top of Little Blue seems pretty scenic...but only seen in pics, so get us up there Mr Pitstop. Looking forward to this ride and seeing the new areas. Hopefully the snow pans out this winter and we can FINALLY do a ride like this as we have gotten the "no-snow" wrench thrown in the works the last couple of years.

I will be up to ride Weds-Saturday.

Ah, a casual ride. Take in the scenery, enjoy each others company and I don't have to wear my TY tie :Rules:

A ride is a ride is a ride........always fun with my TY bretherin and always a good time had by all.

I'd like to settle on a date so I can request it off before December 15th. It makes it easier for me to guarantee the time off. We've got lots of room so bring as many people as can come..

Back