• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update body panels?

Kkurz

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 XF7000 Sno-Pro Limited
(Yamaha powered)
I have a 2014 XF7000 and absolutely love the sled. I can't see buying the same sled a few years newer when I have mine working so well! I've seen where some people have updated their Vipers to newer style body panels. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the Cats and is it possible to change mine over? What is involved? I like how the newer style is easier to open up for service.

I am seriously considering this also. I am real confident in my sled. Love the new panels. $ is it worth it?

You could also do without some of the screws, maybe install hood straps. I only use the 2 screws attaching top to rear panel (on the sides).
Would like to know what needs to be done though.

I am seriously considering this also. I am real confident in my sled. Love the new panels. $ is it worth it?
I love how the newer model's panels open up with a quarter turn, and it would make the sled look new. Not sure how the panels attach to the chassis, but I doubt it would take a lot to convert. Not sure about the cost though.

I would love to do this, but gotta think with replacing panels and headlight is gonna be expensive. Somebody has had to to do this by now

I would love to do this, but gotta think with replacing panels and headlight is gonna be expensive. Somebody has had to to do this by now

I have a Sidewinder headlight to sell, if that's what you are referring to as far as the headlight.

I've been doing a little looking and for the Cat, it looks like all the newer plastic is only on the 2 strokes. So I doubt I can make them fit. Probably easier on the Viper. Too bad, the side panels look smooth.

I've been doing a little looking and for the Cat, it looks like all the newer plastic is only on the 2 strokes. So I doubt I can make them fit. Probably easier on the Viper. Too bad, the side panels look smooth.
Could you convert to black yamaha plastics and take off the decals?

Nope. 2019 Ac 7000 limited. Came very close to buying one.

Thanks, the parts supplier I was looking at didn't have the newer parts on the microfiche. Babbitts does. I'll have to see what it would take to convert. Looks like besides the panels, I might need a different airbox? Not sure. I wonder if the pyramid structure is the same.
Of course it would be nice to find a wrecked one to try it.

Air box is same.
So I've been looking at a microfiche back and forth between my 2014 and the 2019. It looks like the plastics should work. Side panels, skidplate assemblies look like they'll fit. It starts to get complicated at the hood, specifically the instrument assemblies. If I can run my older headlight and instrument pod in it, then it looks do-able. Unfortunately I don't do electrical well and would find retrofitting the new headlight intimidating. I could be over thinking this. It's a trait of mine...

I know I've seen on this site where guys have updated to the newer headlight.

Back