• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updated 2019 SRX clutching to Sidewinder......

journeyman

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
It seems most of the SW owners on here have a flash of some sort, which I may doing in a year but this season I want to leave my SW stock.

I ordered the updated 2019 SRX clutching for $50 from my dealer and is due to show up this week. Just wondering how many people have done this to their SW?

I saw a few riders that did on a SW facebook page and both people said that it over revved afterwards. It comes with new end rivets (lighter), a new secondary spring (pink) and a new helix (multi angle). Those same guys said they had to go back to the original end rivets (4.5g) and it was back in check for RPM's.

Just wondering if anyone on here has installed this, what they experienced or if they actually tested it against the original setup?

Thanks!
IMG_6211.JPG

I have a 19 that i put the dalton springs in, blue/black primary with glide washers and new black orange set at 80. Just getting snow to ride but will over rev to 9200 then settle back to 8800 so will probably be worse with engine broken in, but runs really strong down low and midrange, hit 98 mph in about 600ft, also regeared to 2.04 ratio so pretty happy, will be putting tunes in soon as i get some breakin miles on.

I don't know why anyone would run this thing stock after running 290hp from 0km lol

I went with all aftermarket parts for my clutches, to me it provides a better result especially when tuned.

It's true...there's a few of us that are happy with our stock tuned SW's. We might be few in numbers, but damn it were're a proud bunch of Bottom Feeders :)

BottomFeeders.jpg

I don't know why anyone would run this thing stock after running 290hp from 0km lol

I went with all aftermarket parts for my clutches, to me it provides a better result especially when tuned.

Buying a SW wasn't in my plans this year at all. Last spring a local dealer in the metro area (Mpls) had the same STX-DX in a demo they were selling for a real good price, well under $10K. I said to my buddy, "kind of wish I would had bit on that." Well on Xmas eve he sends me a CL ad for the exact model in Ironwood,MI. for even less from a private owner. I show it to my brother in laws at our family Xmas gathering.....both of them said...heck just buy it and get forgiveness later. So I contacted him and made the arrangements. I was hoping on my trip to pick it up I could take my Attak with and have Pat's in Greenland sell it for me. Unfortunately he had too many used sleds. I ended up listing it on CL around here and was totally lucky to sell it in less than 24 hours.

So long story short, the cost of switching sleds, getting it up to snuff, Dupont Hyfax, Skis, 4th wheel kit, new registration, hand guards, a cover...etc. a flash tune wasn't in the budget. I talked with the "in the know" guys and they said if you leave it stock this season don't waster your $$ on a clutch kit being it will almost all need to be changed out again when I flash it. I prefer the Dalton parts and the window is tighter for weight adjustments to use the same weight arms. The Dalton's are nice being you can fine tune them without pulling the clutch apart.

So for the $50 price tag for this SRX clutching it seemed like a good deal. Just haven't heard much feedback on it other than the 2 FB posts I saw. Most of these were on back order including mine and the snow belt has been pretty small this year for anyone to test stuff.

Back