• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Valve check?

See post #39
That helps, thanks. When you had the reluctor ring issue did you also have idling issues? I don’t…. Once it fires, it runs fine. When it won’t start, after a minute or two of trying it will often do a huge backfire like a shotgun going off and then will usually start soon after that. I’ve tried the key off and on twice to cycle the fuel pump twice thing, no different. Every once in a while holding the throttle open just a tiny bit seems to help but not always. If the reluctor ring had jumped wouldn’t it be hard to start at any temp and run bad?

That helps, thanks. When you had the reluctor ring issue did you also have idling issues? I don’t…. Once it fires, it runs fine. When it won’t start, after a minute or two of trying it will often do a huge backfire like a shotgun going off and then will usually start soon after that. I’ve tried the key off and on twice to cycle the fuel pump twice thing, no different. Every once in a while holding the throttle open just a tiny bit seems to help but not always. If the reluctor ring had jumped wouldn’t it be hard to start at any temp and run bad?
Depends which way it has moved, One way will cause possible kickback and the other way can cause it to be lazy and harder to start.
It's not that hard to check, just need a clutch puller and then remove four bolts and slide it out.

Back