• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

valve cover venting??

mmmkokanee

Expert
has anyone tried to vent the valve cover with a little k&n style filter in place of the little screw in plug?? Also thought of venting it into my evac system (T it in) to release more pressure. Do you think this would be beneficial at all, as i am hearing concerns on this site of too much pressure building up, especially at sustained high speeds. The evac is to release the under piston pressure, but there should be a benefit to venting the top as well??

The only reason there are any problems being experienced with blowing the cam plugs out of the valve cover is due to the hose freezing solid and disallowing the engine to vent at all. This happens even with the stock airbox. There is very little pressure inside the valve cover and being that this minor pressure isn't slowing the pistons and crank line down, there will be no gain in performance as the pressure inside the valve cover is very weak as well as not close enough to the tops of the pistons.

I have never had a head off but are there not oil drain galerys to the crankcase? I know they put em in small block valve covers cause there are drain gallerys.

Yes there are. one of my valve cover screws was loose and oil was spraying out of it pretty good. I'd say there is a fair amount of pressure there. This was under load ofcourse.

Back