• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector engine noise

Question; what can we do as 4 stroke owners do to protect engine from loss of engine oil instantly? This seems like an avoidable catastrophic failure if there is some safeguard we can install; Maybe oil pressure sensor or something. When riding it will be impossible to smell or see oil leak on trail.

Yes exactly what I was thinking too because it is always to late when or if that happens. Seems like when the oil light comes on its too late. I didn't even get that warning. Would be nice to have some protection since I'm rebuilding my engine as we speak . I wouldn't want it to happen again

This isn't a common problem and being a high rpm dry sump engine it'll be hard to protect it from damage due to rapid oil loss. Proper maintenance and periodic inspection is your best defense against catastrophic failure.

Back