• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Mountain project

birkebeiner

Lifetime Member
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha SR Viper X-TX
My Vector Mountain might become a project next summer (no time this summer!).

I have always liked the Yamaha retro road racing bike theme, in yellow, black and white. Rossi and his team mate had their bikes painted in this theme for Laguna Seca in 2005 for Yamaha's 50th anniversery, and it just looks so cool...

Yamaha_YZR_M1_Laguna_Seca.jpg

I photoshoped a bit and came up with this theme for my Vector
Vector_Mountain_50th_An.jpg

The tunnel and skid rails in matt black, a-arms and skid in black. Need a new seat cover as well.

Other wish list:
Timbersled Barkbuster front end with Fox Floats
Timbersled Mtn Tamer skid with Fox Floats
Timbersled Drop brackets
OFT Racing billet steering blocks
CB Performance Parts aluminium steering column
Excell header (and maybe an undertunnel single pipe)
Maybe new skis, but don't know what yet. Any ideas anyone?

Hopefully I'll find the time next summer to do this. Would be cool :Rockon:

Love the scheme. I would add OFT billet wheels to your list. I have a set of the black wheels and the relocator on my Nytro. Their wheels are like icing on the TS skid.

Attachments

• IMG_0258 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0258 (Small).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 183
Looks great ;)! Almost like Haucks anniversary edition Apexes he sold for a while

Attachments

• sno-f21206_02-250.jpg
    sno-f21206_02-250.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 205
StoliDoli said:
Love the scheme. I would add OFT billet wheels to your list. I have a set of the black wheels and the relocator on my Nytro. Their wheels are like icing on the TS skid.

I know, the OFT wheels would look crazy cool as well. However, if I want to run the 8" (or even 7") billet wheels I need to upgrade the rails as well... Let's see :)

Thanks everyone. I'll do my best to get this project going. But unfortunatelly it has to wait until next summer...

I found it!!

Attachments

• galleryimage-0000001953.jpg
    galleryimage-0000001953.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 194
  • galleryimage-0000001954.jpg
    galleryimage-0000001954.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 197
  • galleryimage-0000001955.jpg
    galleryimage-0000001955.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 205
In addition to my initial list above, I think I will add

- 7" OFT Racing billet wheels, in black
- Ulmer Racing Stage 2 clutch kit
- Holtzman CV Carb springs
- NGK Spark plugs CR10EK

Anyone done these power upgrades on a Vector/Rage? How much difference is it between stock and a Excell header/clutch kit/Holtz carb springs upgrade? Is it worth the $900+ upgrade?

Also, not sure if I should go for power upgrade or the suspension upgrade first...

Looks like my summer 2010 project got off to an early start ;)!

Just received my OFT Racing 7" billet wheels, in black. I'll be running them in a 4 wheel setup :Rockon: Thanks to Scott at OFT Racing for super service, fast delivery (only a week to Norway!!!) and some really nice billet wheels!! :Rockon: ;)!

OFT_Racing_01.JPG

OFT_Racing_02.JPG

I think I'll be placing an order on that Excell header and Ulmer Racing clutch kit as well anytime soon :)

Back