• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Mountain project

Dont you love maint and finding surprises!

I do belive the rails are supposed to be tip up rails and that bend is NORMAL

Congrates on the proposal now the arguments start and the s*x stops LOL

kinger said:
Dont you love maint and finding surprises!

I do belive the rails are supposed to be tip up rails and that bend is NORMAL

Congrates on the proposal now the arguments start and the s*x stops LOL

Thanks kinger! Let's hope it doesn't stop THAT quickly ;)!

Not sure about the rail tip up... Seems strange to me Yamaha would put the tip up just in front of the idler wheel, it really wears out the hyfax quick at that point. Anyway, will leave it for now... And keep an eye on those hyfaxes!

But first of all, I need to get the sled together :Rockon:

Got my Ulmer olite bulkhead bushings the other day ;)!

ulmer_bushing01.jpg

ulmer_bushing04.jpg

ulmer_bushing05.jpg

My front end is going to be super tight!!! :Rockon:

Got my package from Sports Plaza, with stiffer rear springs and Vector service manual ;)! This sled should come nicely together!! And even better, should ride much better 2-up :Rockon:

serviceManual.jpg

Finally I got back up north to put my sled back together :Rockon:

List of things done:
- Change the crap stock front bushings with Ulmer's olite bushings. These are really good, and the front suspension is now super tight!! :Rockon:
- Put the skid back together and back in. I have now changed all the stock plastic wheels with OFT's billet wheels and painted the rails black. Painted it with normal paint, and didn't have time to do more than one layer ;)! so I don't expect the paint to last too long. But at least I have tried :Rockon:
- Changed oil filter and oil
- Changed the right hand bracket for the hand guard that was broken
- And put everything back together

It really takes time, used almost two full days to get the sled back in running order :o| :jump: Will take it out for a spin tomorrow.

Here are the Ulmer bushings back in. The lower stock ones were all gone... :o| I forgot to take pics of the process, but there are some stickys on the forum here that explains the process quite good ;)!
Karasjok_Mars_2011_1.jpg

Here is the old front shock in the skid that was bent. Put in a new one
Karasjok_Mars_2011_2.jpg

Here is the skid put back together, with my painted rails. I hope they hold at least this season ;)! I think the thin unpainted strip turned out nice :Rockon:
Karasjok_Mars_2011_3.jpg

And finally, the sled is out of the garage and running :Rockon: :Rockon:
Karasjok_Mars_2011_4.jpg

Karasjok_Mars_2011_5.jpg

Will take some more pics the next days in daylight.

I almost forgot I had bought the NCI Thumb Drive, but got it mounted today ;)! It's a real nice piece of engineering, and it fits perfectly! But, after driving approx 40 km / 30 miles today I'm not sure what to think about it. Might be a bit big for my hands or it might even be wrong adjustment, so the Thumb Drive is too far out. Will adjust it a bit in to check the difference :Rockon:

Karasjok_Mars_2011_07.jpg

Karasjok_Mars_2011_06.jpg

And, after putting in the Ulmer Racing bushings the sled doesn't seem to dart anymore ;)! :Rockon: Need to drive a bit more to confirm 100%, but so far it's a REAL improvement and definitely worth every penny!! ;)!

BUT, on my way back home today, while cruising along in in approx 30 mph the sled just DIED :o| :o| :o| She simply just died on me, some 15 miles from home... :o| Seems like there is no electricity to give spark to the engine. The starter works when turning the key and the engine spins around, so don't think it's the engine that's gone.

Well, anyway, need to take her to the dealer tomorrow to give her a check. Hope it's nothing major!!!

Back