• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Mountain project

What size are the upper wheels in the Vector Mountain skid? 7" ?? If 7" might as well order another pair of the nice looking OFT Racing billet wheels :Rockon: If they fit..?

My good friends @ OFT Racing once again delivered some nice products at my door :Rockon: I ordered a pair of the upper drop bracket wheels and the billet steering bushings. They're just sooo nice ;)! :Rockon:

Can't wait to get started with the mods on my sled but unfortunately it has to wait until after Christmas...

OFTRacing_wheels.jpg

OFTRacing_steering_bushings.jpg

Yeah I know :-(
My sled is too far away for me to work on it on a daily basis, unfortunately! :-(
At least I keep buying nice stuff from you ;)!

Still undecided on the Ulmer clutch kit... Anyone with a Vector Mountain have any experience with it??

Getting myself ready for my first trip with my "new" Vector, so bought a new helmet and goggles. The helmet is a Simpson Cruiser open face helmet.
http://simpsonraceproducts.com/prod...e=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2370&sort=
As I will mainly be riding in the spring I hope it won't be too cold ;)! But just in case, I bought a balaclava and a neoprene face mask as well :Rockon:

The goggles are the new Troy Lee Designs special edition Oakley Crowbar MX
http://www.oakley.com/pd/6432
These are just soooo cool :bling Since I couldn't afford a Troy Lee helmet had to go for the goggles ;)!

However, I had to go quite a long way to get them they way I wanted... First, I bought a pair of dual layer blue iridium lens for the Crowbar Snow, and thought the lens also would fit the Crowbar MX version. When the goggle itself arrived at my door (bought it on eBay ;)! ) the lens would of course not fit the Crowbar MX style frame :o| So had to log back on to eBay to search for a dual layer lens that would fit the Crowbar MX frame, and found the Persimmon Dual Lens for the Crowbar Snowcross, which also fits the MX frame ;)!
http://www.oakley.com/pd/3685

It all turned out good in the end, so far. Hoping the set up will work nice.

Going up north next weekend for the first ride, and will start putting on my OFT goodies. Will take pics and share :Rockon:

Attachments

• MCR5_BLACK_SQ.jpg
    MCR5_BLACK_SQ.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Oakley Troy Lee Designs.jpg
    Oakley Troy Lee Designs.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 144
Just got back from my first trip on my "new" sled. She's a beauty! :) I have driven 470 km / 293 miles over two days. And now my body is just all beaten up :-D I haven't been riding for almost two years so REALLY out of shape :-( Will post pics tomorrow when I'm back home.

Going back again in two weeks time and will do some small mods on the sled, like my OFT Racing wheels ;)! Didn't have time for the mods this weekend, wanted to put in as much riding as possible.

Here she is, folks :) Isn't she a beauty?? ;)!

VectorInTheGarage.jpg

Will post more pics later.

As promised, posting some pics from my 470 km / 293 miles trip this last weekend. The weather was nice, with approx -10C (14F) and sunny all day.

As new to 4-stroke, I really like the sled, and especially the engine. It feels like driving a torquey diesel engined car, or an electric car. The trottle response is just great and the low- and mid-end power feels really nice. You have instant power in low- and mid rpm's, not like a 2-stroke where the sled has to rev to 8000 rpms before anything happens. Also, obviously, the sled is smoother to drive then my old '96 Vmax, better suspension and handling and less darting. As it's a mountain sled, it's a bit narrower then my old Vmax so it feels a bit more nervous (for lack of better word!). It rides more on one ski in the corners so you really have to pay attention when accelerating out of corners :-D But I like it (at least for now) and think it's fun ;)!

Here is our first stop, after approx 30 km. Needed to take off some clothes as it was starting to get warmer then 10 am when we started. The blue one on the left is my friend's '06 Vector shorty.

SaariTripStop1.jpg

After another approx 30 km we stopped again, here is some of the sled signs used in the Finnish trail system. Thats me on this pic.

SaariTripSign.jpg

I really like the silver metallic on the hood, especially out in the sun. It almost sparkles :bling

SaariTripVectorDuo1.jpg

SaariTripVectorDuo2.jpg

This pic is taken just a couple of km's from our destination, and it looks like we are driving into the sunset ;)!

SaariTripSunset.jpg

Some fresh snow came overnight

SaariTripVectorDuoSundayMorning.jpg

I had filled up my sled with unlead premium 98 fuel when we started. Sunday morning when I started up the sled, I had just enough fuel to start her up. When we wanted to drive away it died :o| So my buddy had to drive to the local gas station to pick up 5 liter in a gas can. With some fuel in the tank she fired up nicely again ;)! I had avaraged 15.4 mpgs.

A small stop to communicate with the rest of the world, on one of the 1000 lakes in Finland.

SaariTripStop4.jpg

Lunch time on the way home, and guess what we discovered just outside the cafe window :jump:

SaariTripPolarisStop.jpg

It's a Polaris Dragon with the hood open. They were looking under there for like 10 mins, with CATs and Ski-Doos waiting for the Polaris to start up. As Yamaha drivers, we, of course, just enjoyed the lunch, watched and laughed ;)!

SaariTrioPolarisStopCloseup.jpg

One last stop before back home, stopped on a peak to see the nice view

SaariTripPostcardView.jpg

Going back up north in less then two weeks so will be driving more and taking more pics.

Hello mate

Almost 400 km on the sled so far this Easter ;)! Too bad that I got stumach flu (or whatever it's called...?) yesterday so wasn't able to go to Anarjohkk today... :-(

Finally, my OFT wheels are in!!! ;)!

The install was easy, removed the two bolts holding the skid at the back and droped it down. The track was loose enough to change the wheels.

OFTwheels_mounted_01.jpg

4 wheels at the back

OFTwheels_mounted_02.jpg

These wheels are super nice!! Waiting for OFT Racing to release the 5.5" wheels so I can change them all ;)!

A couple of more pictures ;)!

Two more pics of the OFT wheels mounted

OFTwheels_mounted_03.jpg

OFTwheels_mounted_04.jpg

I also mounted stock FX Nytro hand guards in black, and I think they look sweet :)

However, in order for the brackets to fit between the controls and the strap I had to cut off small "ears", two on each control, where the wires are attached. :o|

Controls.jpg

Already cut of on this picture...

Here they are mounted

HandGuards01.jpg

HandGuards03.jpg

HandGuards02.jpg

Unfortunately I hit a tree with the right hand guard and bent the bracket. I shouldn't have tried to bend it back... :o| :o| Need to order a new one!

BrokenBracket.jpg

Back