• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VECTOR PERFORMANCE

superb

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper turbo, 2013 Apex, 2012 Vector LTX, 2010 Vector LTX
Got to try out my 2010 Vector to-day. It has a excell header,ulmers clutch kit and is geared down one tooth on top. Pulls 8400to 8500 bottom to top, probably to low, but anyway, seems to pull good to 90mph and takes awhile to get to 100mph. I guess I was hoping for more, because my 2010 Apex would walk away from it, anywhere,anytime. Am I expecting too much , or is there more left on the table for this vector.

The Vector tends to give up at 90-94.
The motor is making its best power at 8200 rpm.

My 10 LTX goes 104 on the dream-meter at 8450 rpm. Stock gears
The Ltx has a lower gear then the GT. So... WE should be at the same ratio.
From the informatiom I got in here, They say to add 2 grams to each tip of the arms on the clutch.
That may take out 200 rpm's . I did this but did not try it yet.

That sounds like the same story with my 2010 Vector. Once past 90mph it crawls up to and then hovers around 100.
I figure on a really hard pack surface I could squeek and wee bit more out if it. But seems to be the top end ive experienced.

That engine just sings at those speeds. It sounds like it could do that all day and it wouldnt phase it.

MS

In a nutshell... yes you're expecting too much.

The 3 cyl is a torque monster, not a HP making RPM screamer like the 4 cyl.

The 3 cyl was never, and probably never will be intended for big HP or MPH.

Enjoy it for what it is intended for, and use your Apex for what it was intended for.

I dont quite buy into the thought that lowering the gear will make a vector faster....
Quicker, yea , and also made your gas tank 10% smaller.
So.... I would'nt junk that stock gear yet.

What are your thoughts on the header?

Vector

I have nothing to base a opinion on. I never drove a stock Vector, but as winter goes on I will get a chance to run a stock one for comparison.

Clutching rarely gives you top speed gains, more low to mid speeds.

VECTOR

Update : My Vector is quicker than a stock one, by about 3 lenghts in a 100 foot run. Had it on the hard packed road to-day, it pulled a 108 mph on the speedo and was still pulling when I ran out of room. Still won't touch my Apex, but I am real happy with it. Happy New Year everyone.

You can't compare an Apex to a Vector for acel or top speed. My Apex does 125/115
Vs Vector 105/99 speedo VS GPS. The Apex blows away the Vector all through the range. Both are show room stock.The Vector and my 600 Polaris 600 ltx are very comparable, bottom to top.

your expecting too much from your vector its only around 125hp and only rev to around 8500 rpm but it an awesome trail sled and competitive with apex on most trails but, not on any open areas.

Buddy's f8 .long track. 1.6 track...Clutch balanced.. And weights........... Off the line I had him... Up to 60..

Eat my shorts ... scooter !!!

Ronder said:
Buddy's f8 .long track. Clutch balanced.. And weights........... Off the line I had him... Up to 60..

Where is your weight transfer control rod set? Thanks
Rocky18, aka Mike

rocky18 said:
Ronder said:
Buddy's f8 .long track. Clutch balanced.. And weights........... Off the line I had him... Up to 60..

Where is your weight transfer control rod set? Thanks
Rocky18, aka Mike

He doesn't know...... ;)

Back