• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector vs. Renegade 600 sdi ho

FugRWE

Veteran
Raced my buddy on his new to him 05 renegade. Track was very slushy wich I would think would help him a lil with the longer track. Sleds were pretty much dead even over about 6 runs. I could pull him a lil on top. In a long run I could beat him everytime. Sometimes he could jump me out of the hole a bit but I always caught and passed him on top. I thought the vector was pretty good considering the hp#'s are about the same and his sled weighs less. I have about 15 to 20 pounds on him also. Vector is very competitive in the 600 class. My sled is box stock also. Plan on adding a clutch kit before next year. Also any Ski Doo guy that tells you that the sdi gets the same or better fuel mileage is smoking crack. If you run em hard they are not much better then any other sled. Renegade rides nice though. Definitly a better ride. just my observations ;)!

FWIW - earlier this year I posted that I raced an 'o5 600SDI 'gade. SNow was hardpacked and my 144 stud (he has 108 down the center) plus the engine beat him off the line. We probby raced 1/4-1/3 mile (??) and my dream meter just touched 100 and he was SLOWLY pulling by me. My motor had 500 miles on...his 1800. If we were to race with my sled having 1800 miles on my guess is that I'd beat him consistently...but not by much.

My sled has 1350 on it. Honestly it was very close. Side by side til 80-90 then I could put 1/2 to maybe a sled on him. Then we had to slam on the binders. Very very close race.his sled has 400 miles on it. We are both untudded. I like his sled alot. But I love the 4 stroke more. :4STroke: The Doo's are hands down the best in the rough stuff.

Back