• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venting sidewinder

woodysattak

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 RTX LE
Has anybody vented the exhaust side of the sidewinder like you do on the clutch side or does to much air flow on that side create a problem, Thanks Kurt

Have the moflow vent kit on mine. Both side panels have the rear 2 large vents. Clutch side I have the additional front panel frogzskin covered vent. You will never create and air flow issue from "too" much venting. Vent away!

Have the moflow vent kit on mine. Both side panels have the rear 2 large vents. Clutch side I have the additional front panel frogzskin covered vent. You will never create and air flow issue from "too" much venting. Vent away!
can you post a pic pls.

I like MO- Flow vents,and have run them in past,and liked them,but I did not see any hood vents from them yet,for the SW,we do have some heat problems with IAT temps when things warm up some,and you are boosted,and run top end,my temps climb to 80 and beyond fast when its 40 degrees out.

I will post some pictures when I get a chance. New phone since winter so all my photos are in the old one. Will have to transfer them when I get some wifi.

E03C7635-B906-412B-A462-96DC8FA217BD.jpeg 0A915A7A-B2CC-451B-AF9D-74936FFBCFD3.jpeg A73655E1-EB9B-4A81-9EFE-CD17F43FC07F.jpeg

I installed the 6-piece set from Moflow with prefilter on both left and right side. Nice kit - much needed if you do alot of boondocking in deep snow.

I like MO- Flow vents,and have run them in past,and liked them,but I did not see any hood vents from them yet,for the SW,we do have some heat problems with IAT temps when things warm up some,and you are boosted,and run top end,my temps climb to 80 and beyond fast when its 40 degrees out.

Venting wont help much with the IATs. The intercooler is too small, and when youre running 16-17 psi, that turbo is breathing fire.

Venting wont help much with the IATs. The intercooler is too small, and when youre running 16-17 psi, that turbo is breathing fire.
Oh yes Phil I do understand that,i was just giving cudos to there vent kits,and will have one for bottom clutch area,and maybe even one or two to let more clutch heat out to.

Oh yes Phil I do understand that,i was just giving cudos to there vent kits,and will have one for bottom clutch area,and maybe even one or two to let more clutch heat out to.

Ohyea. Thier vent kits are top notch. Ran a bunch on my Nytro. I will prob add some to the clutch side on my sidewinder too. It can’t hurt right

Ohyea. Thier vent kits are top notch. Ran a bunch on my Nytro. I will prob add some to the clutch side on my sidewinder too. It can’t hurt right
Yes,thats what I figured to,sure it will help cool the belt,like said,when I just run normal,belt temps are just warm around 140-150 on my gun,but if I was running high speed beds,now that's another story lol

Back