• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat windshield

YamBam

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX-LE 2018
Yamaha does not have much choice for a taller windshields for the Sidewinder. No surprise there. A/C seems to have several choices. I'm looking for mid-height. Anyone put an A/C windshield on a Sidewinder? Which one? How about A/C side deflectors?

I'm also using the Yamaha mid shield.
IMG_1689 (800x600).jpg

Hi Mike, how does that windshield do with deflecting wind for your hands? I'm on windshield #3 (Thundercat version) and using hand guards to keep my digits from freezing and would rather have a windshield that doesn't need hand guards.

I love it actually! Excellent wind protection for face, body and hands. I was told it's shaped the way it is because Yamaha was not happy with the Cat shields and the way the Cat shields bend at speed and lack of protection.

Yamaha does not have much choice for a taller windshields for the Sidewinder. No surprise there. A/C seems to have several choices. I'm looking for mid-height. Anyone put an A/C windshield on a Sidewinder? Which one? How about A/C side deflectors?
The ac crosstrek is nice, whit mirror on it.

The ac crosstrek is nice, whit mirror on it.
Ya,i almost got that one,as that was what I had on my 2013 procross lx grandpar sled lol the 129" and it was as good as my doo shields with built on mirrors,but may have slowed you down a couple mph at top speed,but when its cold out,who cares lol..

I don't see a crosstrek in the 2017 a/c accessories catalog. I see a mid 11, mid 14, and LXR 13. Anyone using any of these windshields?

Good point on the AC with the built on mirrors. Will the Cat mirrors fit the SW mid height. Yamaha wants $150+ for mirrors where cat is asking $50-60.

Is this the smoked or clear (can't be certain from the picture)? Do you know if this is the same windshield that the DX has? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it's the same shield that comes on the DX.

Good point on the AC with the built on mirrors. Will the Cat mirrors fit the SW mid height. Yamaha wants $150+ for mirrors where cat is asking $50-60.

I put 3" round barend mirrors on mine, kimpex, 20$

Back