• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

venture chain case skipping

harleyQc

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Venture rs 2005
Hi guys , on my 05 rs venture the reverse pops out when its not on that thrust. Top linkage adjustment is at 27... I got told that the lower linkage should be adjusted to remove loose. But how exactly . i get that i gotta unlock both lock nuts but then ... Do i have to extend the rod or retract it?

supposed to do it by feel according to the rx manual. supposed to adj till tight and then back off 1/4 turn.

supposed to do it by feel according to the rx manual. supposed to adj till tight and then back off 1/4 turn.

Thanks alot. I ve never done it and want to make sure i dont mess anything or if i can get any tip of guys that done it !

would you do it with the track down or jacked from the floor?

i did it with my sled still on the lift but can be done on the ground.

Manual says finger tight and back off 1/4 turn. I adjusted mine loose on my MP and Phazer where I would turn it to just barely touching and back off 1/4. This was for the finicky electronic reverse on those sleds. On my current RS Venture GT, I just bring it to light finger tight and back 1/4. Reverse works perfect. I think what the Yamaha engineers want is that there shouldn't be tension on the chain but not loose.

Back