• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite Overheating

swiler

Yesterday I was out for a ride and the engine overheating light came on. This is a new 07 with only 150 miles on it. Granted I was on a trail with hard packed snow. Anyways, I waited for the engine to cool and continued on my way. The light continued to come on every couple of miles while making my return home. I even made sure to hit the sides of the trail to get into the deeper snow but no help. It made for a very frustrating trip back to the cottage.

I thought the venture lite had the fan installed and was not susceptible to the overheating problem. Anyone got any ideas? Does installing ice scratchers work?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have around three thousand km's on my 07 venture mp and have never seen the temp light come on. Is your fan running? You might have to get your dealer to check into it. Sounds like something is not right. Topper

No problems with mine at 4900 kms.

I have only seen the light come on once.

Your fan cannot be working.

Start you machine up and let it idle for 15 or 20 minutes. The fan should come on in that time.

Yeah! There is something wrong there!
I 've got 5000 miles on my sled and have only seen the light blink after 3/4 of a tank at FULL power. Leting off the throttle slightly took care of that.
Do you know what mixture of anti-freeze you have? Mine is at 50/50 (with water).
Also, if your radiator is covered with ice (which it shouldn't be on a hard packed trail), the fan becomes less effective.
Other than that... have your dealer check the cooling sys.
I have taken trips on the Kuskokwim River when there was NO snow, just glare ice, running 70mph for 30 miles or more, never overheated.
Good Luck! ;)!

Thanks for the feedback. I will go into the dealership tomorrow to discuss it with them.

In the meantime I will check to see if the fan is working on my next run. The sled is an hour away at the cottage otherwise I would be checking it now.

Thanks again

swiler said:
Thanks for the feedback. I will go into the dealership tomorrow to discuss it with them.

In the meantime I will check to see if the fan is working on my next run. The sled is an hour away at the cottage otherwise I would be checking it now.

Thanks again

Hey Swiler, have you used the sled enough to experience snow/slush/ice build-up in the tunnel? If so, please post your experiences and pics if possible in the "Venture lite ice Boogers" thread. We (fellow VL and MP owners) are trying to keep this issue in the forfront and get Yamaha to fix it. You can see pics and details on that thread and it is a real problem.

Thanks

Kinda like the other fellas said I would be checking the fan or checking for ice buildup.

Have noticed on a few of the phazers that they like to warm up until they are broken in. Kinda attributed that to a super tight motor from the factory.

Couldn't rule out too much straight antifreeze or a bubble in the system somewhere either.

Back