• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture MP not running great

I swaped injectors still backfired on 2 and swaped map sensors still back fired on 2 through the intake. I put a vacuum gauge on both cylinders and both the pull the same inches of mercury. My plan is to get the proper in line connector for the fuel rail and check pressure and at the same time put the hand vacuum Pump on the regulator and test that. Do you know what max rpm are? When running at 123 km/ h I am at 11,400 approx but can't go any more. When running good I could hit 130-141 /h but don't remember the RPM's

Max RPM on these engines is 12 ooo RPM and change but the sweet spot is around 11 600 or so. You're running right at the sweet spot. 120~130km/h is about the max speed I usually get but can get 140km/h on really flat and solidly packed trail. I do weigh 330 lbs. though.

If it was a general fuel delivery issue, both would be affected, no? That's why a compression test, or even better, a leakdown test, would be good. All else having been swapped around, only thing left is the engine itself.

Well I checked fuel pressure and it is 45 psi only drops to 43 psi when hard on the throttle. Next is a cylinder leak down test but doubt it is the engine as it acts up intermittently, idle is perfect stumbles on hard acceleration. Usually if it is a engine/ mechanical problem it is consistent. And bucks like mad when driving intermittently. Will post compression test and leak down resaults.

Well finally sled is working properly don't know what I did. Preformed compression test and compression in spec. Then I put it together started it still not running proper. I checked every connector and fuse and was about to order a new ECU, then I looked at the pod and thought I never checked that one unplugged checked the pins blew in the connector and re installed started it and she runs normal so beats me just put 25 miles ran perfect.

That is good news. You had that thing apart and back together a few times. Get fishing Ice_fisher!

Who knows if unplugging and plugging connectors cleaned a contact. At least it's resolved.

I know that this is an old post - but: When you say you unplugged the'pod' - which pod and where was it? I have a 08 MP that sounds like the same thing. It dogs out as as I accelerate, with periodic boughts of running perfect. Definitely an electrical issue in my eyes and would like to start looking where you left off.

thanks

He means the gauge pod.

Are you getting any codes popping up on the gauge? Check the ground wires. I had a main ground wire from the battery that had a flaky spade connector. Another issue is a wire rubbing on the secondary.

No Codes. It sure seems like a wiring issue, so I've read a number of posts and will have to trace them back. Never thought of general grounding, I'll start there - and the coil is easy enough to start on

thanks

Good luck. While it's running, poke and pull on wires. You might hit on the one causing the issue. And check your grounding block. There was an update for the first couple of years on issues with that where it would melt. It's a yellow connector that's taped in the main harness near the fan. If yours was updated, there will be a second smaller black one there too.

Back