• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Very Tippy sled after snowtracker install

mikestyle

I have a 40th anniversary apex with the ohlins up front. Before the ski would push alot, after installing the snow trackers no more pushing but when i make a turn a ski always raises. The only way i can go through a corner is sideways!

My front suspension springs are compressed down about 3 inches and my A-arms are not perpendicular to the ground, they are on a 40 deg angle to the ground. I have the clickers set to half a turn back from max stiffness and the ride is real harsh.

any suggestions?

I only have about 5 threads showing on top of front shocks.... you have to get the front end lower. leave dampening were it is. you may need to pull up one hole on your limiter stap (if at stock setting). Make sure your sag is set proper in back to your weight (my spring retainer is approx half way thru threads)... then play with transfer rod.. mine is completely out i love my front light, can gas hard to get over things.

But the trick if get the front down as low as posible.

What is happening is your skis are actually grabbing now and the G force is rotating the sled over.

2 schools of thought I have tried both and have mixed results use the one that fits you the best.

#1 Loosen the preload on the front shocks all the way and then 1/4 turn to make sure the spring stays seated when jumping, then up the compression of the shocks to help from tipping. I went with the firmest cr setting on my ohlins then backed down 3 clicks a time to find a happy medium.

#2 Tighten the preload so much that the shock preload is greater then the g force you applying going around a turn. Then you would soften the ohlins so that you have a prayer of the suspension not being so rough over the straight bumps. Start at full soft then work your way up 3 clicks at a time.

#1 is usually favored on this site and I have had the best luck with as well.

I have installed air shocks all around and have installed snow tracker first ride out and have found it tippy as well any thoughts ? mine is a short track with studs

I removed my snowtrackers. Got tired of the ski-lift which is typically unannounced and can be suddenly violent. While they provide absolutely no darting, the large keels allow no "give" in the corners and are so deep, they try to throw the sled over.

apexfx, I pm'd you.

jon

I had much more ski lift before I installed the Snowtrackers. What cured it for me was removing the 13 mm swaybar and going back to the stock swaybar. I also previously ran SLP Powder Pros with 8" Triple Points. There was more ski lift and steering effort with those vs the stock with extreme snow trackers.

I have my clickers set in the middle for both rebound and compression. My A Arms aren't parallel but they are about as parallel as I can get them without sending the GYTR shocks out to be shimmed.

I was looking at slp powder pros, im i better with the stock skis and snowtrackers that i have now ?
As for you front shocks you have them set in the middle does that mean 10 on top and 10 on the bottom ?

I too got rid of these things.... semi aggressive that was. And now back to what works best for me... Studboy Deuce 9" which i bought a fresh set for that matter.

Too much restriction, unpredictability... yes, this unpredictable lag in response, sometime half a sec is the bummer. I can do couple of trees in that much.

I really love my aggressive snowtrackers for trail riding they are hard to beat.
I just dont like how they turn or float on loose or crusty snow on lakes or open fields they could be unpredictable in those types of conditions.
As for inside ski lift i have nearly zero on trails.

It's interesting reading these non-pro reviews of the snowtrackers, first time on here for me that I have read anything other than "these things are awesome"

Not knocking them as I don't own a set but I had the opportunity to try out a 2011 EPS Apex on the week-end and it had the Snowtrackers installed.

To my surprise I was totally shocked at the amount of darting I felt while riding this sled, it was unbelievable to me!

I thought the EPS would take care of most of the darting on these sleds but with the snowtrackers installed I was expecting zero.

After my ride I got on my 08 Vector with the Curve ski's installed and couldn't believe I could hardly feel any? (was thinking maybe it was the snow conditions and I would see similar results with my sled?)

I never rode my sled with the stock ski's so I was hesitant to put a post up about how great the Curve's were but now I can honestly say, these ski's are awesome! ;)!

I went with the aggressive snowtrackers didnt find the semie did all that much !
Buddy has an attack installed snowtrackers last spring coulnt beleive the difference they made.

ok I just got back from a 3 hour trail ride lots of fun I really like the way the sled handles minus the tippy but after riding for a while it got better or i was just getting used to the tippy feeling and changing my riding I`m going to let some air out of the front shocks and try that it should get better.

mikestyle said:
I have a 40th anniversary apex with the ohlins up front. Before the ski would push alot, after installing the snow trackers no more pushing but when i make a turn a ski always raises. The only way i can go through a corner is sideways!

My front suspension springs are compressed down about 3 inches and my A-arms are not perpendicular to the ground, they are on a 40 deg angle to the ground. I have the clickers set to half a turn back from max stiffness and the ride is real harsh.

any suggestions?
I have the same sled and I just installed them as well and I to experienced the tipsy feeling. loosened the front springs right of just before they start to rattle and the difference was incredible, just came back from running 100 miles today and I was in some tight trails and I was taking corners like I did before on my F7!!
So far I have put about 400 miles on these snowtrackers and I have to say these are the best solution I have found for these big 4 strokes. ;)!

quebec#1 said:
I was looking at slp powder pros, im i better with the stock skis and snowtrackers that i have now ?
As for you front shocks you have them set in the middle does that mean 10 on top and 10 on the bottom ?

The Powder Pros are great skis I have a set on my Viper and I love 'em. A buddy has the same set on a 2007 Attack and I have ridden it in the UP of Michigan......zero darting and great cornering. Nice thing is they float well in the deep stuff too. I got them at Extremesledparts.com

Back