• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper 4 prong relay

cobrajet ltx dx

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha ltx dx
These are the exact relays that are in our vipers.I purchased this five pack and now keep with me on my trips.
Thought you guys should know.
A659AEF3-7CB8-4F62-9B45-A0A03FDA37D1.png

Wow, I paid less than$2 for mine. They are like .85 a piece. Glad I can get them at cost from my dad's work. :) Goes to show you it's all profit for the seller.

I thought I recall a thread where GrizzTracks suggested the "Sealed, Washable" version of that relay - with the hopes that they would provide more protection from the elements and freeze up. I was just thinking about ordering some of them, actually. The part number is slightly different: 303-1AH-S-R1. I don't see the Sealed, Washable ones on Amazon, though.

I've posted this before: The mechanical relay being used is "Flux sealed" but there is an option in this series for "Sealed type washable" which I would think is more suitable for snowmobile use. The relays being used in the Viper have a manufacture's part number 303-1AH-C-R1-12vdc for the "Flux sealed" and if you replace The -C- with -S- so the part number is 303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc then you get the "Sealed type washable". Mouser has these relays at a reasonable price.
Mouser relays.png

I've posted this before: The mechanical relay being used is "Flux sealed" but there is an option in this series for "Sealed type washable" which I would think is more suitable for snowmobile use. The relays being used in the Viper have a manufacture's part number 303-1AH-C-R1-12vdc for the "Flux sealed" and if you replace The -C- with -S- so the part number is 303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc then you get the "Sealed type washable". Mouser has these relays at a reasonable price.
View attachment 142518
Has anyone had one of these freeze?

I ran the "washable/sealed" relays last year in Canada with -20 to -30 F temps and so far no problem. I don't believe they've been adequately tested yet but if you want to carry spares why not buy these as replacements? The stock relays are known to have problems in cold temperatures so until these "washable/sealed" relays prove to be no better than stock I think it's an inexpensive option worth trying.

I'm wondering what all the hype is on this. I've never had an issue with a relay on my 2015 Viper in 3 years of riding. Is it just impacting guys in -25 and greater?? I rarely see beyond -10 in Michigan and even that is pretty sparingly.

I'm wondering what all the hype is on this. I've never had an issue with a relay on my 2015 Viper in 3 years of riding. Is it just impacting guys in -25 and greater?? I rarely see beyond -10 in Michigan and even that is pretty sparingly.
Same, but figured I'd be rather safe than sorry and picked up an extra set of normal relays in case I do run into this. Usually if it's below -10 I ain't riding. Wouldn't be too fun to walk miles through the woods when it's that cold.

I had an issue with mine. Only once, but in a parking lot full of people. It was humiliating to say the least

We had several issues one one trip. I reached out to Yamaheater Rock about building a quality sealed relay for me back in March only to find out he was already on it! Just got some more thumb boosters today in mail and there should be some sealed relays for me to test too!

My 16.5 has froze or failed twice, in the last 5000 miles. Some heat brought it back to life both times. Comparison wise, my 2012 Cat turbo NEVER did that in 11,000 miles ? Go figure. Rock, need another relay tester ?

This could even be the source of my mysterious stall I had last season. Buddy too. Thankfully mine happened in trailer. His was immediately after crossing a road. Total flame out. Have blamed it on new flash but could be a funky relay too. What 5 years and 13000mi and never stalled. Then does it within days of buddys 7000.

I am all in on getting some that grizz has shown. I have done some research myself . Thanks Grizz! These meat a standard the auto world wants ..

Back