• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper gas gage problems

XIpyretta

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 xtx se
I am having problems with my gas gauge ,when the sled is full it is showing empty and the gas light is on when it is empty the gas gauge shows it is full and it bounces from full to empty within the entire gas mileage range of say 100 miles...confusing just wondering if anyone else experienced something like this. Sometimes a strong gas smell as well.

I am having problems with my gas gauge ,when the sled is full it is showing empty and the gas light is on when it is empty the gas gauge shows it is full and it bounces from full to empty within the entire gas mileage range of say 100 miles...confusing just wondering if anyone else experienced something like this. Sometimes a strong gas smell as well.

Saw somebody else had this issue I forget who, but the fuel sender on the tank was on 180 degrees out. But yeah like yamahaguys said get it in now before you have a fire.

There was a recall on 2014 s about fuel line leaking . Bad crimp fitting on some ,get it checked out!!

Saw somebody else had this issue I forget who, but the fuel sender on the tank was on 180 degrees out. But yeah like yamahaguys said get it in now before you have a fire.

I have the exact symptom with mine except without the gas smell........the irritating part is the idiot light being on right after a fill up

It's a 2015 Xtx but I'll check the clamp anyway. I did have the sled ideling for about 15 min when another viper we had wouldn't start after filling up with gas and moving it ahead 20ft, paid and no start. I know these vipers are voltage sensitive, so we were trying to jump start it, maybe when I had my seat off something happened?? I don't know, I'll be taking it to my dealer, at least it made most of our Quebec trip before the problem showed up.

I recently had the exact problem you described, funny I was on a Gaspe Bay Quebec trip when it started, I just had it repaired under warranty, cause....sending unit failed

I recently had the exact problem you described, funny I was on a Gaspe Bay Quebec trip when it started, I just had it repaired under warranty, cause....sending unit failed
It is frustrating, good to know it's easily fixable! I had the most fun ever on a snowmobile in Quebec on the viper, easy predictable steering, hand warmers that work, storage on the tunnel for all my supplies. Can't ask for much more if the only thing was a gas gauge acting up.

Yes I did the entire trip without gas gauge working, just refueled at every stop I came across. I did it solo so I had to make sure I wouldn't run out. I have done plenty of riding in various areas of Quebec and Gaspe Bay has to be at the top of my list for riding.

Was up all around the north this weekend (Mattawa, North Bay, Sudbury) and have been having the exact same issues with my gas gauge!

I'm have a small issue with my gauge , just wondering if yours started like this?? Fill my tank and if shows 3/4 full and after 10-15 km shows full . Air lock ?? Normal ?? I can't remember this happening last season.

In my situation when I filled my tank it showed as empty.....low fuel light would come on....drive 20-30 kms and fuel level was all over the place, showing full.... empty..... half ......low fuel light would come off and on at various times.
I took it in to dealer, he thought it may be a failed sending unit. Upon inspection it was confirmed that it was a failed sending unit and it was replaced under warranty.

Back