• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper gas mileage

15 on a turbo ltx over 160 miles yesterday. AFR says it's rich and the clutching isn't quite dialed in after 1100 miles but I'm thrilled so far.

I got 14.6 on my turbo yesterday, Marquette to Big Bay and back, lots of turns and mash potato snow

Well I used 15.3 litres for 68.6 miles.do the math
Right below 17mpg. I am jealous. I get like 11mpg or even less most of the time. My wife's 900 Renegade seems to make up for it though as it just sips fuel (riding style is quite different). Just over 1000km on them. Gotta pay to play.

Right below 17mpg. I am jealous. I get like 11mpg or even less most of the time. My wife's 900 Renegade seems to make up for it though as it just sips fuel (riding style is quite different). Just over 1000km on them. Gotta pay to play.
I get the same 10-11 mpg. MPI with gears and clutching, little better when I take it easy and stay off boost. When I switch to a strait pipe the fuel mileage goes up and so does the power but its a bit louder and I need to shut down to talk with anyone at the trail stops.

Cant remember my mpg but I can do 180kms a tank for sure.

112 miles(180km) is obtainable all day long.
My 15 ltx all stock, at 125miles I better be getting fuel ASAP. When I hit that number and I’m not close to a fuel stop, I use my 3 gallon reserve to get there.
It’s definitely not the most economical sled on snow but that motor is fun as hell.

How much gas is left when the Fuel light comes on? My Phazer always has exactly 2 gallons left and will go another 25-30 miles with the light flashing. The light just came on as I pulled into the Garage last night with 129 miles on the Viper.

How much gas is left when the Fuel light comes on? My Phazer always has exactly 2 gallons left and will go another 25-30 miles with the light flashing. The light just came on as I pulled into the Garage last night with 129 miles on the Viper.
Wow! I always wondered. Never found out since all my 2st buddies are sucking fumes when I have at least 1/4 tank left. Been playing with tune a bit and need to check again but I leaned it out a bit more and was able to skip gas stop yesterday riding with my brother and 800rr. Still have just under half tank left in mine. Used to easily use 3 gallons less each fillup vs 16 800 cat and 2.5 less than 17 Apex. All while leading the whole rides.

Just checked again today 18.49 mph

I think 18.49 mpg imp (4.54 liters) = 15.39 mpg us (3.78 liters)

Back