• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Humming Sound when key is offf

Having an issue when snowmobile is turned off with key and kill switch. It makes a humming sound kinda high pitched.

Well I thought I did but still making noise thought was a bad ballast but making noise still

Well I thought I did but still making noise thought was a bad ballast but making noise still
Is it making that sound when your sitting on the machine or off?
All viper's make a high frequency sound when sitting on the sled, it's quiet but noticeable, almost an electronic sound, that's just the fuel tank venting.

Is it making that sound when your sitting on the machine or off?
All viper's make a high frequency sound when sitting on the sled, it's quiet but noticeable, almost an electronic sound, that's just the fuel tank venting.

Will check in the morning when i get it back together

I do not ever remember hearing the noise but still doing it. Took the seat off can really hear it

How long does the noise last? Fuel pump relay sticking on?

First time I heard that was pitch dark in middle of woods on trail taking a break. The sound was creepy as heck and didnt sound like it was coming from sled. Honestly thought it was a ghost or something. Got the hell out of there. Of course ghosts dont really exist and later heard it plain as day in shop. Vent for sure. Reverse actuator also cycles on shut off making a noise.

That is funny, I hear a really high pitched noise every once in a while that I couldnt tell where it was coming from. I thought that it was coming from my Viper but by the time i could check it out, it quit. Mine seems to last for around 5 seconds. never heard it on my wifes.

The next time it does it, open the gas cap to see if it goes away. If it does, then it's the vent bleeding pressure and is normal.
The first time I heard it was in my shop. I wandered all over the shop trying to figure out what the hell that noise was! It took awhile before I figured out it was coming from my sled and that it was the vent! LOL

Hilarious, I have never noticed this before but heard it today. Was weird, maybe due to our warmer temps. Any how, was hearing it when sitting on side of trail and while locking down on trailer. Both instances it went away so I'm aligned it was vent. Thanks for info guys!!

I had a 2015 then made a sound. They always sit in my garage so it seems to have just started

Back