• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper LED light swap to a SE LTX

rb2001srx700

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SRX 700
I like the looks of the LED on the Viper GT 2020. Question is can I just swap out the head light housing it's self (plug and play) and be good or will I need relays for the LED light. Thanks Guys Rob

I like the looks of the LED on the Viper GT 2020. Question is can I just swap out the head light housing it's self (plug and play) and be good or will I need relays for the LED light. Thanks Guys Rob

There was talk about this back in the Viper Section when the Sidewinder first came out. Have you made any searched in that section?

I believe it should be pretty simple since you have the new plastic.
True nice thing is my father in law has a GT Viper with the LED so I have one to compare to. Just haven't had the time yet. I am hoping the plugs are the same. and mounting in the newer plastics are the same. We have not seen them yet lite up at night to compare LED and stock viper headlights. Just out of curiosity how to the HID and LED bulbs compare to the stock LED?

I have all three, HID (Apex), PIAA LED (14 RT-X), and stock LED (sidewinder). When side by side at night the PIAAs are better hands down. Until you have a chance to compare setups at the same location side by side it will be very hard to judge. As conditions change and the angle of the headlight change an LED setup on your sled may seem very different on the same model sled if not setup correctly. If your suspension is a bit soft your headlight may shine into the tree-tops or if you load your sled with gear the beam angle will change.
"EASY ADJUST Remote Headlight Adjuster Kit"
http://yamaheater.com/Products.php
Perfect for bagger trips or fine tuning your headlights.

Rockmeister HIDs in the stock Viper housing definitely DO shine better than the LED headlights on the Sidewinders.

Back