• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Waiting till next year!!

I have listened and made my choice. I would hope if some of what they say will happen does happen they will help. If I listened to them I would have to ride a Apex which they got rid of themselves. They all have different needs than me.

Fusion said:
Innovative 20 yrs ago, just like Yam/Cat innovation today......ahhh forget it. Rationalization is a deep seeded emotion and I don't suppose negative posts do much to enable that.
Does anyone remember the early Nytro's and all that retrofitting and customer backlash? I guess not.
That bad PR nearly killed the model and I'm guessing that's now Yam's lowest selling sled.

I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth come Jan. 2014 - as posted here on these threads.

As I said - good luck!
Jeez, you might want to relax a little bit.

You know what......
The best sled I rode was the blade and then the 02 Polaris xc700 sp....but I must say I had lots of Polaris sled and the xlt , xcr, and I had a rxl witch I just sold this winter where great sleds , great handling and the X12 was a good suspensions I think.....I hated to sell that rxl rode that more than my nytro

My backup sled is a Polaris classic 600. I really enjoy riding it, with the trailing arms and the M10. It corners and rides much better then my 2011 Apex SE. Howvever, I really like the power of the Apex, and the gas and go aspect.

i have a 2002 Polaris Edge Classic with M10
its a ok sled
wouldn't say its better then Apex
but everyone is entitled to their own opinion
i havent owned a Yamaha yet but i rode a Nytro with Axis,
a Apex, a RS Vector and tested the Viper in Old Forge, NY

also tested some Ski Doo's

real-ripper said:
its a ok sled

That classic is not faster but it will for sure out handle and ride better than all 3 of those may be all 4 .....just my .02
Not sure if the classic will out do the skidoo tho...if you get that M10 set up right it will.....Polaris kinda messed it up ...with the shock valving and springs..

A M10 requires constant adjustment to take advantage of it. That is its downfall compared to many of the modern suspensions which have a much broader range of a sweet spot. They almost all are better at that and transfer better for traction.

On may Polaris M10 I got the M valve put in the rear and they revalved the center shock and put a 90/100 front spring ,man can't remember what spring they put on the rear but it worked really well ....for me anyways....

I broke the front arm on my M10 because I had it set for smooth trail comfort and hit some big stuff.After that I set it up for riding double and just left it there all the time.Never broke anything after but it was a little harsh over small stuff. One thing I did like was that no matter where it was set for stiffness it never kicked.Rebound was never a issue.

09nytro said:
real-ripper said:
its a ok sled

That classic is not faster but it will for sure out handle and ride better than all 3 of those may be all 4 .....just my .02
Not sure if the classic will out do the skidoo tho...if you get that M10 set up right it will.....Polaris kinda messed it up ...with the shock valving and springs..

09nytro when you say it will out handle all 4 of those you mean on smooth groomed trails, with proper set up (valving) right?

09nytro said:
Yes..that's it ....they all will have a lot more top end but down a tight trail with big bumps ....good bye.....

Lol. Can't speak for apex or vector, but you can't possibly be serious that if 2 riders of equal skill level took the edge and a nytro down the same bumpy trail that the edge would have an edge over nytro (stock for stock)? Even if they are the same speed.

Yep....I will say that.....the nytro is not a great handling trail sled matter a fact it sucks .....I have one so I know how it handles......

And here comes the ball busting :jump:

09nytro said:
Yep....I will say that.....the nytro is not a great handling trail sled matter a fact it sucks .....I have one so I know how it handles......

And here comes the ball busting :jump:

Agreed its a fricken handful in the twisties but probably one of the best ditch bangers there is

Back