• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Waiting till next year!!

I'm pulling for it to be a good one. I really want it to be and don't care what my friends say about it being half cat as long as it's blue and a good sled.

Yamacat21 said:
Hey I agree with you 100% these are a lot of money in an already tight economy but I've waited seven years for a new sled and am very confident this is the one to fill my needs. I will post my real world results of trying this sled to its limits and I won't sugar coat it, if it sucks I'll be the first to tell you. Until then I'm excited to ride it!

What's your thoughts on the cat version?

I would have bought one if it had the yamaha clutching and mapping in it. I'm not confident in AC fixing the clutch problems associated with the 1100T, and I know yamaha will have these things figured out.

Long story, I bought a RX warrior in '05 and didn't care for it so I went back in time to a ZR 800. Loved my yamaha motor but it was a tank and the handling just wasn't what I was used to with cat. My ZR is a beast but it is a dinosaur and I'm ready to catch up ten years in technology.

As I said in another thread I think this is going to be a great sled, for both, if it can run with the Nytro and is lighter the Yamaha guys will not have made a mistake. The Cat guys (if the clutches are better) start doing some exaust work and programers on the engine and get to kick some 800 #*$&@ will be thrilled as well.

I am in the "show me" crowd. The hype is all impressive, but I will wait a year for the general public to shake this thing down and expose the bugs.
For those of you that have never ridden a Cr...a er, I mean Cat, you should be worried if you decide to pull the trigger on this puppy.
Cat has the worst quality in the industry, and if Yamaha doesn't have proper engineering and production control over this skid, I'd be very careful.
It has potential, but at this point, there's too much hype and not enough market testing.
I guarantee you will hear horror stories, the question will be, do they correct them in years two and three?
One thing that worries me is the height of that upper tie rod - something just doesn't look right about it.

Fusion said:
I am in the "show me" crowd. The hype is all impressive, but I will wait a year for the general public to shake this thing down and expose the bugs.
For those of you that have never ridden a Cr...a er, I mean Cat, you should be worried if you decide to pull the trigger on this puppy.
Cat has the worst quality in the industry, and if Yamaha doesn't have proper engineering and production control over this skid, I'd be very careful.
It has potential, but at this point, there's too much hype and not enough market testing.
I guarantee you will hear horror stories, the question will be, do they correct them in years two and three?
One thing that worries me is the height of that upper tie rod - something just doesn't look right about it.
If everyone steered clear of first year products there would never be second year products.
And as far as "Cat has the worst quality in the industry", apperantly you have never heard of the Polaris Fusion, the 09 Dragon or the 09 RMK the only sled in history to have a FACTORY STOP SALE ORDER on the same sled twice in the same year as well as many other winning performances.

Nytros rule said:
Fusion said:
If everyone steered clear of first year products there would never be second year products.
And as far as "Cat has the worst quality in the industry", apperantly you have never heard of the Polaris Fusion, the 09 Dragon or the 09 RMK the only sled in history to have a FACTORY STOP SALE ORDER on the same sled twice in the same year as well as many other winning performances.

Ill agree cat and poo are the same in quality .

Comments about the dreaded Fusion again I see. It's internet bull same as the negative talk about the cats and now the new Viper. The internet killed the Fusion because of a few guys on HCS having a fit. The 900 had some issues I agree but my 700 has been a great sled. 4000 miles on it and it runs like a champ. It was a belt blower when I bought it but with a little work and help from the aftermarket it hasn't blown a belt in 2500 miles. I did break the center shock but poo warrantied that and it needs a new oil pump cable about every 1500 miles because it sticks wide open, costs $25. Its my wife's ride now and she loves it. Precisely why I'm buying the Viper, can't believe everything you read on the internet and some of the guys bitching the loudest could screw up a wet dream. It will be fine, not perfect but what is???

Hey thanks for insulting our intelligence Fusion! I guess when I looked in the mirror this morning I didn't say to myself, man I'm a dumb bastoid for wanting the most advanced sled to ever hit the snow. Looks like you owned one cat back in the 90's a very far cry from the sleds coming out of TRF now. Although just as now back then they still had the suspension that EVERYONE wanted, funny how as soon as the patent ran out every other brand jumped on that bandwagon.

How many sleds do you see anymore with trailing arms? Didn't think so. AC was way ahead of the rest with A arms.

Now the blade was way ahead of its time....I know where is it now.....no body wanted to pay that much for a sled ......but they do now for a 10 year old apex with power steering :jump:

Back