• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warrior Track Hum

joe howard

Veteran
At certain speeds the rails seem to reach the same pitch as the tail pipes and wow !... is this thing way loud or am I getting way old. 30 to 40 mph seems the worst . Any one else notice this ?,better yet , any one have a solution ?

Hum

Same thing on my shorty, but only at certain speeds. If I vary the throttle it goes away.

joe howard said:
... is this thing way loud or am I getting way old.

Joe, buddy, you're getting old.
The reason you don't notice this on other sleds (two strokes), is that they're so loud, most of the track noise is drowned out by their engines!
BTW, when I got my Warrior, I thought there was something wrong with the front end. I finally, figured out that all of these strange noises were actually caused by the skis gliding over the snow and ice. :D

ok ,I'll agree I am getting old and I gave some of my hearing to early 90's Cats , but I do believe this is LOUD ! Gents please listen next time your out , to me it sounds like the exhaust and the rails reach the same frequency at certain speeds , far exceeding the track noise of my other Yamahas .
Is the 03 exhaust system quieter ?

Noise

It is the harmonics of the exhaust at certain speeds, at least that is my opinion. We had alot of discussion about this last year. Unfortuneately, that is all gone now.

Back