• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wastegate %?

kylechargerrt

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 YAMAHA SIDEWINDER LTX-LE
1998 MACH-Z
Got my first test ride in today did about 10 miles around the farm. Was dicking around with diagnosis mode and was watching the wastegate %. Mine was averaging around 35% (I'm guessing open) on long full throttle pulls. Curious what everyone else was seeing. On a side note what rpms, is everyone pulling stock?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rode another 50 miles today and % is now up around 40 % no idea what the hell it is a percentage of. Also sled is pulling 200 RPMS more than yesterday after only 50 miles.!!! :letsnow:

How can you convert the map readings into boost psi just curious

That’s called wastegate duty cycle percentage.
This is a percentage of on/off time the computer cycles the wastegate valve. The valve is pulsed on and off at a fairly high base frequency usually around 10 times a second. The larger amount of time the valve is turned on it blocks the pressure from leaking out of the wastegate actuator. Higher percentages create a higher boost levels. Sleds with high boost tunes will have a larger percentage of wastegate duty cycle.

Push both bottom buttons on guage at same time and hold. You then scroll till diagnostic comes up and push select.
Off topic but can we switch to celcius instead of Fahrenheit for the temperature

Back