• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Water pump failure

I hear that the screw on the canister above the turbo is the bleed screw. Should I put coolant in here? Nothing is coming out and it’s full.

Attachments

• 985E5671-DFC0-4FD2-951F-BDFBDBA9802E.png
    985E5671-DFC0-4FD2-951F-BDFBDBA9802E.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 45
You still have air in the system.... Is the sled tilted up on the PTO side... The ski bottom at least 12" off the floor

Ok. So I got the air out. It was sitting about 12” high. All of sudden it just started to clear out the air and filled up the Canister. Seems good now. Thanks for the help.

Manual calls for coolant to be up to bottom of threads in that turbo coolant tank.

Manual calls for coolant to be up to bottom of threads in that turbo coolant tank.
Ok. Good to know. Last time I filled my sled with coolant I wasn’t aware of this bleeder screw. So I’m guessing I never got all the air out of the system. Wondering if that was the root cause of my impeller failure.

Ok. Good to know. Last time I filled my sled with coolant I wasn’t aware of this bleeder screw. So I’m guessing I never got all the air out of the system. Wondering if that was the root cause of my impeller failure.
Very likely. From what I've read, cavitation is really tough on that impeller.

So. Got everything together and started my sled up to let it warm up and check for leaks. First thing I notice is that sleds warms up to around 70-75C and basically stays there. This has never happened with this machine ever. Temperatures would always continue to climb until the sled shut off. Makes me think that this machine has always had air in the system. Which could explain some of the impeller failures. Maybe machines are possibly coming from dealers like this? I didn’t know about the bleed screw previously so likely never effectively had the air bleed.

Back