• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Water pump failure

i put the dasa racing impeller in this summer just as aprecaustion, very easy to do, remove clutchs and torgue link. it took @1.5 hours. then bleeding system takes longer, i used a CLEAN shop vac to suck out antifreeze... makes jobe nice n clean.
I might do this in the off season.. I think its good insurance.

i put the dasa racing impeller in this summer just as aprecaustion, very easy to do, remove clutchs and torgue link. it took @1.5 hours. then bleeding system takes longer, i used a CLEAN shop vac to suck out antifreeze... makes jobe nice n clean.
Great. idea.

So did you guys do the jackshaft bearings while you were in there?

Cause it's just gonna knaw at you.....

I found a water pump impeller and shaft I had from a Nytro. After checking part numbers it seems the Nytro and Sidewinder have the same parts. I don’t seem to hear much about failures on the Nytros.

I found a water pump impeller and shaft I had from a Nytro. After checking part numbers it seems the Nytro and Sidewinder have the same parts. I don’t seem to hear much about failures on the Nytros.
Is it plastic? Mine was and a small overheat in warm conditions warped mine.

The Japan sleds use constant tension hose clamps and most dont leak.
The Cat hose clamps leak and coolant develops
Air pockets. When the impeller gets air pockets in it and the coolant rushing shocks the impeller and causes damage.
Make sure your coolant system is always at the full cold line and no leaks.
:sled2:

The Japan sleds use constant tension hose clamps and most dont leak.
The Cat hose clamps leak and coolant develops
Air pockets. When the impeller gets air pockets in it and the coolant rushing shocks the impeller and causes damage.
Make sure your coolant system is always at the full cold line and no leaks.
:sled2:
That makes sense. I wonder if we could change over to constant tensions clamps.

How do you tell TDC? I see 2 sets of marks on flywheel. Which one is TDC on #3. Trying to remove water pump.

Just turn the engine clockwise on the MAG side and line up the indicator mark.... Just pop out the larger plug in the MAG cover.... Clockwise only on this side.... Sounds like you could be 180 degrees out

Screenshot_20230210_212526.jpg

Back