• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Way up North

:Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: This was taken way up north as you can see there is a little snow there

Attachments

• snowmobile 2004 055.jpg small.jpg
    snowmobile 2004 055.jpg small.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 207

RX-1 Touring Freak, I live in Mass and was heading north this weenend. How far north did you go?

I'm in Edmonton and it's 24 hours drive to get to Yellowknife straight north of here and just as far to get to Inuvik or tuk on the winter road......

Not much daylight up there these days....

I lived in Inuvik for 4 years and have been to Tuk when test driving Doo's in mid 90's. You would be lucky to get a glimpse of twilight this time of year. They have good powder and no trail congestion ever. The ice roads are very cool. Riding above 60N rules. :Rockon:

Sorry, no offense intended. I just saw a guy posting from New Jersey talking about way up north. It just seemed a bit funny to me.

Absolutely no offense taken, I just remember walking home from school at lunch this time of year and you could only see a dim blueish light on the horizon for an hour then it was dark again. It's not much better over here but at least you see part of the sun around 11:30. Did you get to ride up there? It is so vast and desolate, I love it for those reasons. Even Porshe tests their newest models on that Mackenzie river ice road system.
;)!

That is funny actually. It's more like way down south (1200nm) for some of us or somewhere in the middle for the rest. I can't really say I am way up north either because I know of people riding sleds 1500nm North of me on Ellesmere Island. That is way up north. Actually the most northerly sledders in the world ;)!

Sorry to mislead you all, but for me it's pretty far north. when you only have a sat phone and you pump gas with a generator and your whole camp runs on gas lamps thats preety north for us.When I tell people stories about my trips they can hardly belive it

Back