• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over boost, debugging possibly non-functional WG

I did find the problem, the solenoid was filled completely with water because it is the low point in the system. I ended up just cutting he vent line to the intake, plugging the hole in the intake and never saw a serious over boost all weekend.

im getting the same scenerio right now, has anyone got pictures to show which lines to chk, i have all the upgraded WG actuator and .... well every thing TD offers for STAGE 6, mine shows 18-19 up to 1/4 mile then goes up to 23... i let off cus im only got 97 octane at that point.as my rpm droped as it prob pulled timing.

I think there was actually a yamaha service bulletin describing this exact mod... Not 100% though.

Have you guys replaced the green clamps on the little hoses from solenoids? What clamps are you using?
Two options. One(metal clamps) is a bit more difficult to remove if needed. Slightly harder to install as you need to get a good pinch with tool. Not sure how often a guy would be removing the hose/clamps? Plastic ones are probably easier option install and removal.
I feel the metal clamps are less affected by heat cycling. BOTH are good options and better then the stock clamps. clamp.jpgclamps.jpg

im getting the same scenerio right now, has anyone got pictures to show which lines to chk, i have all the upgraded WG actuator and .... well every thing TD offers for STAGE 6, mine shows 18-19 up to 1/4 mile then goes up to 23... i let off cus im only got 97 octane at that point.as my rpm droped as it prob pulled timing.

If i don’t have moisture in hose or solenoid where else should I be looking for overboost problems ? I have My boost on my lowest setting I believe ms 16(250). Sustaining 18.3 and sometimes more. Changing settings makes no difference.

I had the electrical connector to the solenoid loose as well. I would double check the hose routing, some dealers have been royally messing it up and connecting things backwards.

If i don’t have moisture in hose or solenoid where else should I be looking for overboost problems ? I have My boost on my lowest setting I believe ms 16(250). Sustaining 18.3 and sometimes more. Changing settings makes no difference.
Have you find the problem i have the same issue Sir

It seems to be caused by moisture, either in the hoses or sensors. That’s all I could find,haven’t had that issue again. Of course I haven’t got to ride it more than 7 miles this year because of this nasty weather

The bellows on it broke, it is a TD G1 header with around 1200miles on it. I was running the stock manifold tune with the stock header. No great pictures unfortunately, I was so pissed off taking the whole thing apart I must have forgotten.

It seems to be caused by moisture, either in the hoses or sensors. That’s all I could find,haven’t had that issue again. Of course I haven’t got to ride it more than 7 miles this year because of this nasty weather
Ok but the thing is were canceling by pluging the hose to it so that the westgate become macanical and we should not go over 10psi but we still get 16psi and that is on every stage 1 2 or 3 Sir

Sounds like possibly bad MAP sensor? Boost should not be same on these 3 tunes.

I know but we replace the 3bar map sensor and still getting 16psi but on stage 4 were getting 23 or 24 psi of boost and goes into safe mode .we reflash the unit back into stock and still getting 16 psi.we tough maybe it was a bad ecu but we tryied it in an other unit and gettting 10.5 psi of boost so not related to ecu Sir..

Back