• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weak Warrior WOT Run

dfroster

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Arctic Cat Thundercat EPS
Guys, my Warrior with about 500 miles stops spinning at 9500-9700 RPM and won't even break 100mph on a long hard pack lake blast.
Sled is all stock, track was prettly loose, skid was pretty much snow/ice free. 3/4 tank of fuel. I don't expect this thing to be a lake rocket but I did expect it to be faster than the Viper I traded in for it. Any thoughts?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tighten the track, I found mine was balooning too much. Also tighten your secondary spring to 6&2.

Warrior RPM

You want the RPM at around 10200 or 10400. This is where the Peak hp is! There are many clutching changes you can do to acheive this. Your ingine will pick up two to three hundred RPM as your engine breaks in at around 1500 miles! Having a loose track is not good.

Call Matt at the speed shop and get a set of Heavy Hitters, he will give you a set up so you can just install them in you sled and it will fly with no other changes.
See my results on Otis resivoir this past sunday.

You might want to check and see if you have clearance between the choke plungers and the linkage and check the screws on top of the carbs. You really should be seeing 9800 to 10k RPMs with the stock weights. I wouldn't start making any changes with clutching untill you figure out were the HP is :!:

I have 700 miles on and it now revs out of the hole 9500-9600 and goes to 10100.Would not do this until around 600 mile mark before that it was 9200-9800.Big difference now.Also had a bad plug or 2 or 3 or 4.All plugs look good but after changing it was like a new sled it ran fine down low just would not pull on top end it would go to about 80 mph and slowly creep towards 100.Hit 124 on the dream meter Saturday in a rather short distance.

Back