• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WEIGHT

markgyver

Extreme
Ok guys now that some of you have taken delivery of your 05's has anyone put them on a scale yet.id like to see rx1 vs vector,warrior vs rage.ive seen all of the speculation,and yamahas claims but i want numbers.thanks :4STroke:

Weighed my 03 rx on a set of very accurate electronic race car scales , with less than a half a tank of fuel 657 lbs. They advertise 30 less do the math.

Adrenaline said:
pretty funny!
Yamaha won't give weight numbers, now we got owners that don't want to give numbers!

Nice way to start out there newbie...... :ORC 7 posts and already trying to start problems....I have seen your type come and go..... :moon:

Nice way to start out there newbie...... :ORC 7 posts and already trying to start problems....I have seen your type come and go..... :moon:[/quote]

relax , Just kidding.
I'm actually real impressed with the rx1 and Vector and weight is something I would like to know, Yamaha won't tell you, this would be a great thread to find out real numbers.

relax , Just kidding.
I'm actually real impressed with the rx1 and Vector and weight is something I would like to know, Yamaha won't tell you, this would be a great thread to find out real numbers.

You should have just said that in the first place... ;)!

Adrenaline said:
Nice way to start out there newbie...... :ORC 7 posts and already trying to start problems....I have seen your type come and go..... :moon:

relax , Just kidding.
I'm actually real impressed with the rx1 and Vector and weight is something I would like to know, Yamaha won't tell you, this would be a great thread to find out real numbers.[/quote]

The reason yamaha doesnt give weight is because they know they are alot heavier than two stroke sleds.. BUT four stroke sleds have a broader torque and power band! Making them almost equal on the trails..

If they told you your sled you bought weighed in over 100lbs more than a comparable two stroke sled,, You'd wish you didnt buy it,, UNTIL YOU RODE IT!! :4STroke:

ITS all about marketing!!

People have to keep in mind that RXs are unique. They don't fit any precise existing class of sled. They are as comfortable as a touring sled, with more range between fillups and better mileage. Yet they perform more like a high performance sled. They don't quite carve a corner like a pure muscle sled, but they start every time with the push of a button and don't foul plugs. They also don't require constant jetting to get every ounce of power out of them. And they don't burn down if you make a slight error or if its a little too cold outside.

I guess you could almost compare it to a high end European sports couple, like an M3. Its civilized enough to take the family on vacation across the country, yet you can unleash its potential and rival most pure sports cars in acceleration and handling.

That makes it very difficult to compare it directly with anything else. It isn't the absolute best at anything, but it runs up there with the big dogs in every catagory.

Jim

the reason for this post was to compare 05 rx1 to the 05 3 cylinder,so i take it no one has has actually weighed them yet. :( please post actual numbers when you do thanks.

american snowmobilier said that the vector will weight in NO LESS than last years Sx venom! which weighted 584lbs!

The rx-1 wieghts about 608lbs give or take a few pounds as they do not all weight the same!

These weights are with oil and coolant! no gas!

If everyone is concerned about weight, get a stinky two stroke. I don't care how much mine weighs, I just ride it, and I don't have reverse. It adds too much weight.

well whose concerned about weight now impala w/ no reverse because it adds too much weight! all i asked is if anybody knew the actual diff between a rx1 and 3 cyl. pretty simple question dont ya think?

Back