• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

welp i did it

Congrats!!

thanks mrsled. might be asking for a few tips on singleshot set up as this is probably totally different from setting up proactions and ck skids.

lol i relax most nights after work (12 am quitting time) by spending a few hrs in the garage repairing last seasons bruises and worn out parts on the other 8 sleds i still own besides my siblings sleds. usually music or animae series on netflix playing in the background. my gf will come out and help me with the sleds but she is in charge of keeping them clean and shiny. my job is to keep them running well and add mods as needed ;)

and btw she told me to get a new sled as my old one was hers now.

This is PERFECT. Yesterday morning I put a nice fire on in the shop, had a hot coffee, then spent 6 or 7 hrs doing errands. Couldn't wait to get back home and back in the shop to finish my skid and reinstall. Even after 1.5 hrs of struggling to get the skid in, (around a new track), bloody wrist from the picks, and and scraped finger tips...I loved every second of it. I so look forward to spending time in my shop with my sled...tweaking...cleaning..and learning new things on the sled. Time well spent....and yes, my 09 Nytro is the fastest, best deep snow, best ditch banging tank out there....lol...
Looks like we are going to get enough to go for a rip or two around the field.....Atleast here anyway.

well we went and picked it up yesterday. sitting at home in the yard next to the 2011 now.

lol no time yet. got stuck on ph with insurance (less said is better :mad:) and had to go pick up regulator for her canam peice of equipment as having carb issues still with my atv and i need one for sat am to play in the rain with in the bush.

Congrats on new sled. Awsome, well built machine. You may want to add HID headlights to your list. Stock lighting isnt great. Try to get the updated rear shock from your dealer, as the stocker might as well be a piece of 2x4.

well i have primed my local dealer for it as i bought it 3 hrs away from here. going to try it 1st and see if i can get it to ride good with the factory one as selling deaqler did not want to do as he had a customer that loved his once he got air set right.

rocks hid's are on my list with a power supply as i am concentrating on the hard to get accessories from yamaha that are getting hard to get for these that i want.

wow lol. might be time for an up date. just tuning the clutching to finish this year to get the snap i want corner to corner.

rear suspension is finnaly breaking in so the ride is getting closer to the 2011.

ended up with the updated 18 shock as the stock one would pack in every 3rd hit. gathering spare shocks for it now as it sucks to miss riding for a blown shock. already have gytr 's on the front.

have seat concepts seat to match the +4" riser i have on it. i also added the touring lower widsheild deflectors, billit gas cap and yamaha steel front bumper that i got coated in box liner to black.

Canadians%20(4).jpg

Very nice pair of sleds, I put the low engagement spring in mine, has made a big difference in the wooded twisty trails, not as jumpy as the stock, have had great luck with the updated shock so far, still playing with the settings.

wow lol. might be time for an up date. just tuning the clutching to finish this year to get the snap i want corner to corner.

rear suspension is finnaly breaking in so the ride is getting closer to the 2011.

ended up with the updated 18 shock as the stock one would pack in every 3rd hit. gathering spare shocks for it now as it sucks to miss riding for a blown shock. already have gytr 's on the front.

have seat concepts seat to match the +4" riser i have on it. i also added the touring lower widsheild deflectors, billit gas cap and yamaha steel front bumper that i got coated in box liner to black.

Canadians%20(4).jpg

Nice work, so I would guess your excited to go ride? LOL

Nice work, so I would guess your excited to go ride? LOL
lol well both the apex's are ready to ride right now. working on my dads venture atm as it need a track change and a jackshaft with some welding needed on the suspension rails. still gotta buy my trail permits for home before the price goes up.

lol well both the apex's are ready to ride right now. working on my dads venture atm as it need a track change and a jackshaft with some welding needed on the suspension rails. still gotta buy my trail permits for home before the price goes up.

Lots of fun.. my shop is working on sleds and ATVs every day. :)

Back