• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Went to The Big Iron Soot Out!

Snow Fever

Expert
Went down to Revy to watch the Big Iron Shoot Out, Hooked up with Hardcore and RipnTear, thanks guys for letting me tag along with you. Coundn't honestly say who was the fastest? There is some BIG IRON down there, guess thats why the name. Anyways there were tons of people, lots of fast sleds, lots of very fast sleds and some $hit that was just INSANE :shock: Team Blue on the RX-1 Turbo's had the SICKEST climb by 3pm up Turbo Mountain. The guys name is Mike, can't remember his last name, but you couldn't pay me to go where he went. The carnage was awsome as well, these guys are climbing sooooo faaaaast up these hills they most have coconuts for balls. That 4 stroke Blown Kawi running Nitro-methane didn't run. 1st the gas was too cold so they tried heating it on mine and Ripntears exahausts, got the gas warm then the starter they use to start it died due to a dead battery, I pulled my sled up to it and we tried to boost it but just not enough juice in the RX-1's electrical system. To bad cause that is the nastiest sled ever. Those guys do top shelf work. I headed down around 3pm but maybe Ripntear or Hardcore know who took the top honors. Never seen Thrusted Vector down there? Where were you hidding Link?

As predicted. The Nitro sled wouldnt run in the cold. Wonder if hes gonna try Fairview? So why no clear winner?

Wow! Team blue takes home the 1st again :flag: Pretty amazing day...Sled head cup went to Mike Ermin, a very talented rider,pulled off some amazing stuff on his TRX-1 every where he went...good thing he was on our team! The other guy's pulled off some amazing wrecks trying to top Irman...With 2000 sleds sitting at the bottom of Turbo hill it was very overwelming, crazy crazy crashes and lots of runnaway sleds, the crowd had to be on its toes! Lots of opics and vids on the snowest site popping up now check 'm out.
Last year there were 7 of us up there with Trxs-1's this year there must have been at least 50+ .....all I can say is TRx-1 :4STroke:
Ken

I counted 24 pages of 24 names signed in at the cabin. There must have been a LOT that didn't I guess.

Actually, it was running, they got the batteries charged, but on the warm up the blower belt crept and wrecked the pulley. You could feel the power, at 50 feet.

the 2000 number came from the gates from what I was told ,everybody had to buy trail passes. And it was insane on the hill. Good to hook up with you snowfever sorry we split there at one point.Was glad to hear you you got some riding in with ripntear. My buddy was anxious to climb the big stuff. Did you do turbo hill.I did alot of filming but I did end up going up every big hill they climbed. Myself and ripntear at the end lined up and did turbo hill together .It was all good.
LaLaLa :drink: :drink:

Freak said:
Who had the fastest sled?

Freak, this is the definition of an outlaw event so the truely fasted sled was hard to tell, especialy cause the starting gate was so so bad....they gave the fastest sled award to racers edge....no not a dew!... a super liteweight trx-1 with a chicken plucker track (wich was the way to go that day) and a new prototype big 3k front mount turbo from mc-xpress.

Back