• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wet left foot

crank shaft

Extreme
What is everyone doin abt the wet left foot thing.? Did a search but dont seem to be workin. Just got back from a 90 miler and my left foot was absolutly soaked. 09 RTX SE

I riveted a thin piece of aluminum on the inside and used clear silicone when I had the sled ripped apart, not sure how its going to work till I get these damn slides on.

I find it hard to believe I run mine WOT for many mile in northern maine.. I would believe belt defect before anything else...

ummm why not go to your dealer and get the service bulleting piece to eliminate the issue completely

Service bulletin is not a fix... more like a problem. I have heard and seen of belts failing and taking out the service bulletin aluminum which in turn damages the secondary.

I took mine off... and installed my own plate.. one that would not catch a belt.

Rayman5271 said:
I find it hard to believe I run mine WOT for many mile in northern maine.. I would believe belt defect before anything else...

Depends on the conditions. I run on the lake wide open all the time and no issues. Heavy snow in the ditch near ZERO C it builds massive amounts of heat.

Well after stickin on several feet of duct tape my left foot was so wet I could squeeze the water outta my sock. WTF!!! Anybody have any other ideas?

Have the 09, wet foot here to today when riding in powder.
Thinking about ditching the yamaha-boots and buy "fisher-man's rubber boots"-kinda, 100% rubber

Remi said:
Have the 09, wet foot here to today when riding in powder.
Thinking about ditching the yamaha-boots and buy "fisher-man's rubber boots"-kinda, 100% rubber

I'm going back to the rubber boot for powder riding, $200.00 "waterproof"
sledding boots, yah right more like a sponge...

Need to get the heat moving somewhere else, lower the better..

Back