• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wet left foot

Yamadooed said:
Added plate and no more wet foot for two years...
Do you ever get out in the pow or are you just stayin on the trail? Ive have been ridin Nytro SE with the plate since last year now, and five minutes after i leave the trail for some offtrail playzone my foot is going wet. Whating for a pair of Klim adrenalize to be delivered, but to be honest i hardely expect any miracles to happend.
Close off ventilation behind the clutch and open up the sidepanels along with some meshcovered vents is my guess for a final solution of this problem-but i will start with more vent in the first place and see if that is enough.

Without the plate riding in fluff anywhere or heavy snowfall or snowdust plume down the trail would soak the left leg... Added the plate and nothing in any previous conditions... Off trail powder riding a stock 121" nytro is like 4wheel'n in a corvette you can do it but you aint go'n far...

I have all klim gear from head to toe i never had wet nothing off trail ride all the time , you will get snow on you if you ride thats y they call it snowmobling be riding for 30 years back in the day u would get a wet but didnt bi**** about it just keep on riding or put a big black bag over your but good to go I use to put bread bags in boots to , that will work

Yamadooed said:
Without the plate riding in fluff anywhere or heavy snowfall or snowdust plume down the trail would soak the left leg... Added the plate and nothing in any previous conditions... Off trail powder riding a stock 121" nytro is like 4wheel'n in a corvette you can do it but you aint go'n far...

[Off trail powder riding a stock 121" nytro is like 4wheel'n in a corvette you can do it but you aint go'n far...
/quote]

That's funny, but right on the money....

On the trail they are great...

Yamadooed said:

[Off trail powder riding a stock 121" nytro is like 4wheel'n in a corvette you can do it but you aint go'n far...
/quote]

That's funny, but right on the money....

On the trail they are great...

Gettin new boots is not the issue here. My pant leg is also wet all the way up to the knee and I wear quality Arctiva gear. I have been ridin since 1975 and I have never had this issue before this sled. I have the so called plate and everything is taped up and calked to the max. Not pissin and moaning here as some have eluded to in previous posts I am just lookin for other ideas. Somthing that has worked for others. My boots are fine and they have never been wet with any other sled.

Yamadooed said:

I had the plate on my previus -09 SE (got a new identical this year since the previus got stolen) -but on the new one i removed it before i eaven drove it for the first time. However i cant notice any difference whatsoever with or without it-my left foot is getting absolutely soaked-period.
Its strange, when i think about it i never experienced anything like this-in 22 years of riding? And i can assure all you guys-the riding gear i use today is aerospace compared to the old stuff back in the 80:s...
My experience is quite similar to crank shaft:s, the enire left leg up to my knee is soaked-GoreTex or not, sooner or later it find its way into the skin.

Is it my riding style? I like offtrail a lot, and with 136" 1.75 BackCountry its not any worse than any other sled ive had-i would say its probably better since the torque of the engine (not to mention when boosted!) it dig its way the way i want to.
Can it be extreme foot sweat? Well, possibly-but i still havent find out why only the left foot is affected?

...and, i have a hard time to belive that the factory has so wide qualitygap in their assemblyline that this problem only affect some sleds more than other.

Is it the fact that i love my Nytro, but not nececerely love Yamaha as a brand? I have not yet developed shades on my eyes, but sees the problem and choose to deal with them rather than ignore them as a problem?

Ive got a lot of problems with both of my Nytros: Dead batterie when i left my previus in the garage for two weeks. (my previus dealer couldent be more uninterested, it was my own fault, leaving the sled whitout a batteriecharger was their wierd excuse-no warranty on batteries, not eaven if i had the sled for four weeks and been away for work in two of those)

Wet left foot.
Loose bolt in A-arm.
No handwarmers-just ordered Yamaheater from Rockmaister!
Worst oem skies in the industy?
Here in Sweden dosent a 121 1" track work at all-other than pure riding in groomed trails-but hardely along with the engiene torque the Nytro produce. This sled deserves at least a 1,5" track to handle the power.
(The way i see it anyway-i know there is people that think that the front end get very nervous with better traction, but i cant see the point of having a tiger as a bodyguard just to take out all of his teeth of it...but thats just me)

Cant recall any more at the moment, but the point is: I still love my Nytro(s), they are quite if a package when i compare it to my former sleds. I have never had a stock sled to this day, and problably never gonna have one either-i allwas find things to improve. A little tweaks here and there and the sled it absolutely wonderful!

ive never had a wet left foot, riding in all conditions. i just big ol snow boots with rubber feet. will be upgrading to klim soon though... these ones are just too big and bulky

i've had Klim Adrenaline boots for two years and 99% of my riding is on trail. Never had wet foot. Two weeks ago we decided to screw around in some fresh powder for 15 min or so and at lunch I noticed my left sock was completely soaked. So for those who are thinking of getting the Klim Adrenaline boots to resolve the issue, I don't think you will be pleased with the results, unless of coarse my boots are defective. They are advertised to be 100% waterproof Gortex after all.

I don't know if I'm stirring the poop here, but on my 09 XTX, my feet are definitely getting wet....but I don't think it's from the left foot well area. On trail or not, my feet get wet from the water running down the top of the tunnel and out from where the seat/gas tank interfaces the tunnel. This is proven by the fact that my Sorel Glacier boot uppers are wet on the inside of my leg first as it is conistently in the stream of water. This is of course after the water has seeped through my Yamaha ski pants. Once the upper is soaked, within a second or two of feeling the wetness, I say, F&*k sake, then I keep riding.
Anyway, aside from blocking off the exhaust hole in the tunnel, I will likely suck it up as a flaw of the nytro. (I'll live with it!)
I had this same problem with my '07 Phazer, and when I installed Yamaha's tunnel block off plate the problem was nearly eliminated...from the reduced amount of snow off the track hitting the exhaust.

Just thought this would be helpful!

Back