• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wet seat, back and bum

Grimm

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 MXZ 850
Is anyone else having issues with snow dust clinging to your back and melting and soaking your @$$? I've noticed this before, but never so much as this year with all the powder I've been running.

I just installed a long flap after a year of running a short flap, thinking that this would alleviate the problem and while it has curbed the amount of snow being kicked out and up from behind the sled (my friends thank me now), it still hasn't stopped all that snow melting and making my seat, and my butt, all wet.

I just sprayed my snowpants with a silicone type sealant and I hope this will help to prevent the water from seaping in through the stitching and material. I realize that maybe during the colder temps that this will not be a problem, but during the milder days, I don't want to end up with wet gonads.

Is there a cure all for this problem I'm having?

Klim snow wear solved it for me. Guaranteed waterproof. I too got tired of it.

Grimm said:
Is there a cure all for this problem I'm having?

Gore-Tex bibs.............mine finally started "seeping" after six full seasons so I ordered a new pair. Cabelas has some all black, very lightly lined ones for around $179 or so.........for "normal" sized guys. Mine were a tad more.... LaLaLa

I had just bought this pair of "waterproof" snowpants from Royal with the "Reissa" coating. If the treatment spray trick doesn't work, I'll be returning them for a refund or exchange for a higher quality pair.

I had that problem with my first pair of bibs made by Wahl. They weren't specifically made for snowmobiling.

My HJC bibs have a second water-proof layer sewn on the butt and knees that solved the problem.

How big is your windshield. I ask because I find with the bigger windshield I get more snow dust to billow around my pants. When I run the smaller stock shield I get way less snow. I have coldwave and they have a small rubber pad sewn in the butt and knee's. Feels like knee pads when you have to get down to change the belt. Work for me.

As for waterproof clothing GorTex is the ONLY thing that will keep you dry.

I have tried many different coatings and linings. In my rain gear and snowmobile clothing. GorTex is it for me now.

Had that problem too. A pair of Reima Gore-Tex bibs took care of the wet butt problem :)

Back