• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Apex model?

03RX1-ER-LE

Bleed BLUE
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX 12,497 miles
2009 Apex ER 8,169 miles

2016 Sport Haven 12 foot Hybrid trailer

Tow Vehicle
2022 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 2.7L EcoBoost

2021 Wolverine X4
Just sold my two RX1s and replacing with another Apex. JUST LOVE MY APEX. I have an 09 Apex shorty, trying to decide on another shorty or an XTX. Looking to get a 2011 or newer to pick up EPS so when my wife goes, (couple times a year anymore) she will ride it as she was complaining about the RX1 was just to hard on her as we have entered our senior years. Only issue I have seen/heard is the EXUP, Also anyone selling one? PM me.

Don't let any EXUP issues get your panties in a twist. I picked up an '11 129" last year and not even sure if my EXUP is working or not yet. Didn't let that stop me from having a blast hammerin' down the trails. Not selling it for a long while. There are plenty out there 5.5K and under. I picked this high miles one up for 4.5 K.

if it is for her, get an xtx. it rides better once set. i know because my gf has stolen mine from me and refuses to ride another sled. looking for one myself but i am being picky.

if it is for her, get an xtx. it rides better once set. i know because my gf has stolen mine from me and refuses to ride another sled. looking for one myself but i am being picky.
It will be hers when she rides, couple times a year, but mainly ridden by me when I run with my buddies.

X2 on a 12 or newer XTX. Something to keep in mind with the XTX is the difference in track pitch which was explained in a post by Kevin at Port Yamaha. The older tracks had a 2.52 pitch whereas the newer ones are 2.86 so even if you went with the longer track of an XTX, depending on the length, you may actually have the same or even less track lugs on the ground. I currently have a 136" Apex LTX and a 146" Apex XTX and really don't notice the extra length of the XTX.

5,600 very happy miles on my 2016 Apex XTX 1.75. If you get a 2016 or newer, make sure it has the updated Fox Float shock in the rear. If you're looking new, I believe there are two new XTX left in the central U.S. One is a 2016 XTX 1.25 located at M and M Powersports in Houghton, MI and the other is a 2017 XTX 1.25 located at Brandt's Sports Center in Cheboygan, Michigan.

X2 on a 12 or newer XTX. Something to keep in mind with the XTX is the difference in track pitch which was explained in a post by Kevin at Port Yamaha. The older tracks had a 2.52 pitch whereas the newer ones are 2.86 so even if you went with the longer track of an XTX, depending on the length, you may actually have the same or even less track lugs on the ground. I currently have a 136" Apex LTX and a 146" Apex XTX and really don't notice the extra length of the XTX.

This happened with the Singleshot skid only models. The prior XTX still used 2.52 pitch. They had to make it difficult for us. The XTX does use extrovert drivers, but the pitch is the same as the other models until they went Singleshot. Then he was right, the pitch had to change.

So to be clear, All Apex Models up until 2015 were 2.52, and the 2016 and newer were 2.86. It's not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of, in case you want to swap tracks right away. The stock length of the XTX went from 144" to 146" as well.

You will be amazed at how the XTX hooks up with the right track. Studding the Ripsaw is a great option if your conditions are mostly trail. Keep her safe, as nothing will haunt you like a spouse or daughter sliding down a slick top road!

Good luck!

This happened with the Singleshot skid only models. The prior XTX still used 2.52 pitch. They had to make it difficult for us. The XTX does use extrovert drivers, but the pitch is the same as the other models until they went Singleshot. Then he was right, the pitch had to change.

So to be clear, All Apex Models up until 2015 were 2.52, and the 2016 and newer were 2.86. It's not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of, in case you want to swap tracks right away. The stock length of the XTX went from 144" to 146" as well.

You will be amazed at how the XTX hooks up with the right track. Studding the Ripsaw is a great option if your conditions are mostly trail. Keep her safe, as nothing will haunt you like a spouse or daughter sliding down a slick top road!

Good luck!
Nice detailed explanation of the rear skids in different years.

Get a 12 or newer XTX.
Why 2012? Something different? Just found 2009 Apex GT XTX with 6700 miles for 3800, wanted EPS however this seems like a deal not to pass up.
I also seen 2014 XTX with 11k miles for 5500 with two years of YES left on it. Hmmmm

Last edited:
XTX didn't exist before 2011, if someone is claiming it, they either stretched it to 144" and is calling it an XTX, or it's an LTX. My guess is it's the latter.

The 2011 is a solid machine (I like the color better) but in 2012 they adjusted the geometry of the rear skid to solve some slidewear issues. I do believe there was some front end geometry changes around where the spindle mounted to the ski. And I think that was by using a different ski.

All I know is the 2012 Ski works just fine with Dooley's or SnowTrackers. Too bad mine is Powder Blue and not the Yamaha racing blue like 2011! GRRR

PS: run the VIN on the 2014 with your Yamaha dealer. It will show all existing YES contracts. If it was sold as a carry over in 2015, it could possibly have 2 years left on a 5 year contract. But more than likely it would have been a spring sale and has 18 months left. Either way, coverage is coverage and a nice bonus!

XTX didn't exist before 2011, if someone is claiming it, they either stretched it to 144" and is calling it an XTX, or it's an LTX. My guess is it's the latter.

The 2011 is a solid machine (I like the color better) but in 2012 they adjusted the geometry of the rear skid to solve some slidewear issues. I do believe there was some front end geometry changes around where the spindle mounted to the ski. And I think that was by using a different ski.

All I know is the 2012 Ski works just fine with Dooley's or SnowTrackers. Too bad mine is Powder Blue and not the Yamaha racing blue like 2011! GRRR

PS: run the VIN on the 2014 with your Yamaha dealer. It will show all existing YES contracts. If it was sold as a carry over in 2015, it could possibly have 2 years left on a 5 year contract. But more than likely it would have been a spring sale and has 18 months left. Either way, coverage is coverage and a nice bonus!
Yea the 09 must be LTX then, he has two 2013 XTXs and thought same for his 09, it however is the longer tunnel. I really like the Yamaha blue which my RX1 had it and was stolen and really miss the color. If the 2014 was blue I would jump on it. It is early yet and sure more will hit craigs list soon.

2009 Apex LTX.jpg

Here is the one thinking of for $3800 with 6700 miles

Yup, LTX GT. These are 137" with no EPS.

The XTX from 11-15 are a tipped rail 144" Both are nice footprints. That GT should have clickers on the front, and an Ohlins Electronic adjustable shock in the skid.

Back