• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Apex model?

Yup, LTX GT. These are 137" with no EPS.

The XTX from 11-15 are a tipped rail 144" Both are nice footprints. That GT should have clickers on the front, and an Ohlins Electronic adjustable shock in the skid.
My max budget is 5500 so going to limit my optins. The GT does have that. For the money this is looking like my best bet. Gives me money for add on goodies.

If you go Apex Ltx at least buy the 2010 with rear heat exchanger or retrofit the 09. Without the rear heat exchanger Ltxs overheat in dry snow conditions which can be a problem on cold days and a real pita. Me I would hold out for a Se or a xtx with eps equipped with Aggressive STs

Exactly as White Dust said. Sad to say, I have seen 2012 xtx down in your price range. That 2009 is not worth that much. There has got to be used XTX's in your part of Michigan.

Well the Apex LTX was a bust. Only one track clip left on the track with wear on track where clips were missing. Re-clip or new track, a toss up. All the skid wheel bearings shot. Oil dirty, brake pads worn out. The sled had spent a lot of time on open trailer, all aluminum corroded. Original and never greased driveshaft/jackshaft bearings. Going to keep looking, I am fussy and want sled that was maintained. May go look at the 2014 XTX with 11k for 5500

That is the one I am thinking of looking at this weekend. Higher miles then I wanted to start with but the two years of YES is got me interested.

Looks like it was well maintained and adult driven. If it's in nice shape, don't let the miles deter you.

2011 was first year model of PS and don't have tipped up rails.

Looks like it was well maintained and adult driven. If it's in nice shape, don't let the miles deter you.
Yeah I just sold my son's 2003 RX with 13k miles, still ran as good as new. This 14 XTX with YES left on it is looking like my best bet, looks like a road trip this weekend. Heck Keller rode 100k on his RS Venture. I have plenty of time before snow flys, however wanted to get something before Novi snow show to go over it and do some shopping at the snow show.

2011 was first year model of PS and don't have tipped up rails.

That statement got me thinking, as from what I heard it was a geometry change in the skid and wheel placement to cut back on slider wear in 2012. But it did in fact come with tipped rails. The 2016 + models with Single Shot, are not tipped rails for sure.

Check out Page 9 of this Yamaha brochure. The XTX in 2011 was the tipped rail 144" CK skid

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/brochures/2011_snowmobile_brochure.pdf

2011 has tipped rails that is correct we have 2 of them in our group. the wheels in the skid were moved and the skis are different for spindle placement. still a great sled if you put oversized wheels it will help dramatically with slide wear. I have the 12 and my slid life is unreal with oversized wheels the other two are good but not as good as mine.

i have a 2011 apex xtx and a skid from a 2012 apex xtx. both have tipped rails and both mount in same location on the sled as i have ridden with both skids in the sled. the wheels on the outside of the rail at the front are in a different place on the 11 vs the 12 + skid. slide wear was about the same for a season on both skids with oversize wheels.

That is the one I am thinking of looking at this weekend. Higher miles then I wanted to start with but the two years of YES is got me interested.
Well that one is sold.....:(

Back