• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Apex model?

Studding in a V is not ideal for traction or braking. Better than no studs, but you can do much better. You want to try to create as many independent scratch lines as possible, meaning the less repeating of studs landing in the same spot. I stud for traction as well as braking, but I went heavy on mine w/ 192 in the middle, and 38 on the outside for 228 total. You could obviously dial back if braking is your only concern, but 114 is a bit light IMO. Fewer studs = better chance of tear out as there is more load on each stud.
Done the V for years, no problem with traction or braking. If you only want safety and not holeshot, the V pattern will work fine. I run 2 per lug on our 136's. never a pull out and sufficient traction without all the rotating mass. If you want to race, go with more!

Nice looking XTX. I didn't see the ad, what did you pay for it? I bought a 12 XTX last spring. Only have 1 quick ride on it. Same color as yours. 2400 miles $5800. It's a clean sled too.... Not quite as a shiny tunnel though.... :)

I see you had '03 RX1s. Too bad you didn't have an 05. They rode completely different. 2 different sleds. My 05 has the mono shock suspension. My 125lb daughter sez it rides like a caddy. The seat was was much higher too and more cush. Plus you could adjust the front shock for ride from a dial on the side of the tunnel.

Here's a pic from the day before I bought it. Still looks the same. I'm a stickler too...
SANY1932.jpg

Nice looking XTX. I didn't see the ad, what did you pay for it? I bought a 12 XTX last spring. Only have 1 quick ride on it. Same color as yours. 2400 miles $5800. It's a clean sled too.... Not quite as a shiny tunnel though.... :)

I see you had '03 RX1s. Too bad you didn't have an 05. They rode completely different. 2 different sleds. My 05 has the mono shock suspension. My 125lb daughter sez it rides like a caddy. The seat was was much higher too and more cush. Plus you could adjust the front shock for ride from a dial on the side of the tunnel.

Here's a pic from the day before I bought it. Still looks the same. I'm a stickler too...View attachment 142656
Paid $5600 from another member on here who bought new in 2014, still has YES until Dec. He seen I was looking and offered to me before listing it.

It has 700 miles?
775 miles to be exact! Yes I cant wait to take it for a ride either. See how much different then my 09 Shorty

If anyone else has a deal like the OP got.....

I will make room for another sled so PM me :yam:

Paid $5600 from another member on here who bought new in 2014, still has YES until Dec. He seen I was looking and offered to me before listing it.

Back