• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What brand of boots do you use - POLL

What brand of boots do you have?

• Trukk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HMK

• FXR

• Klim

• Castle

• HJC

• Yamaha

• Other

• Sorel

• R.U. Outside

• Total voters

HMK's here.
I wear thin summer socks and NEVER get cold.
I tried to use my old CKX boots with heavey winter socks and still got cold.

I also like the ankle support.
My g/f has the FXR boots with ankle support and she likes them as well.

Rocky Gore-Tex 1200 gram thinsulate. No cold or wet feet ever.

I used to wear Baffin's.
Nice and warm.. but very heavy.
Last year I got a set of the Team Yamaha boots.
Just as warm but man are they light.
Dunno who makes them.

I a bit concerned about some of the snowcross style boots. They look awesome and fit really nice (for the ones I've tried on). But the ankle support seems really stiff. I'm sure it's great if you really pound the moguls. But they seems really difficult to walk in. Can this become uncomfortable after a whole day?

Sorels can't be beat. Warm, durable, comfortable and water proof. I would hate to walk out of the woods with them on though!!

I use Mickey Mouse boots. These are the boots used by the armed services. They are completely waterproof and very warm. You should be able the pick them up at any army surplus store, I bought mine at the Novi show.

BigFoot said:
I wear LaCrosse IceMan boots

LaCrosse Iceman's here also. Socks make a hell of a difference in any boot. I like smartwool or underarmour. Really makes a difference in any boot. IMO

For the ultimate in warmth I don't think you can beat the Northern Outfitters boot. The boot is light but bulky as hell. (they're like a compression moon boot) You don't wear socks in these boots as socks will absorb water and your feet will/do sweat in these boots. When you have these boots on you will swear your foot is soaking wet, But when you pull the boots off you discover your foot is HOT and dry. I only pull out My Northern Outfitters if I'm spending a whole day Ice-Fishing. For you guys that have a wife or girlfriend that gets cold feet and can't find a boot that does the job, Northern Outfitters are the ticket. My Wife loves hers.

Sorels for 3 yrs. Love them. With a neoprene sock even better...

I have both old Sorels and Lacrosse, they are clunk but warm. Yamadoo

Back