• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What defects to look for before I pick it up

Blue Me

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I am gonna pick up my Attak in about a week. The sled is there but I want to know what you guy's have found so it can be fixed before I pick it up. I have seen the ill fitting hood and the loose taillight which will no doubt break on a few of these but I heard of stripped screws and other things.......help me out with a list guy's. Thanks in advance and the competition can BLUE ME!! #$%&*

I always check for loose bolts and such. i also always check things like ski, track, and clutch alignment.

What I am looking for guy's are any defects that you've found other than the normal poor assembly stuff. All info is going into a checklist so pile on please.

Ok You asked for it...On my Attak I found the left rear breather hose on the airbox was not hooked on and was actually kinked off. the front right drain hose on the airbox was kinked off. These where dealer errors. The windshield was scratched up by the dealer not putting the hood on carefully. Also dealer error. The skis were WAY out of alignment. Again dealer error. The belly panels on both sides were caved in when the dealer lifted the sled with a sled dolly. On some sleds the winshield/light pod was not aligned with the slots properly. Yamaha did a beautiful job on these sleds. To bad some dealers hire monkeys for mechanics.

Back