• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

MrSled said:
Swept out my trailer, put 2 sleds away and installed my new Frig Wrap

WOW, I wanna bang your fridge Tom lol. Mines on a mini fridge, do they have midget wraps?

I did an oil change and figured that as long as I had it that far apart I might as well do the OFT steering upgrade. With 8100 miles there was a little slop in the handle bars. After the install the bars are tight and better than new. I would recommend this product to anyone with a little slop in their bars.
The skid is out and on my workbench waiting for replacement bearings for the wheels. I did the Rocker Dan two bolt mounts and wheels.
Thanks to this site I have done my own work with the help of everyone here. Thank you.

Let's see... polished my tunnel, washed and waxed the sled, changed the oil and filter, ordered the vector gauge so i can do the swap hopefully by this weekend, and set up an an apointment with Justin at FPP for a Stage 2 turbo kit install. Productive and expensive day :jump:

April 21st - had the last ride for the year into Western Brook Gorge, NL

Attachments

• (gorgr rsz).jpg
    (gorgr rsz).jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Gorge 2 (rsz).jpg
    Gorge 2 (rsz).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 181
apr 29 started sleds in trailer and heated them all up. little smoky though with 2 vipers with pulled oil cables.

Grimm said:
Finally got mine all put together after installing new track, sliders, 4th wheel kit, super windshield, temp gauge, horn and mirrors. Did all of the lube, oil and filter stuff too. It's now ready for storage and time to get the 4 wheeler out.

grimm, what kind of a horn set up do you have? details please...

I love the horn idea. I put a set of dual note horns off a dodge ram on my quad. If I can find a place to stuff them on the nytro then on they go. I too would love to know your set up.

This is the set that I bought from Canadian Tire. http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4 ... ?locale=en Any large automotive store should carry something similar. The kit included the relay and horn button that I secured to the left handlebar with electrical tape.

I ran it on my Nytro for a couple of years without any problems. I thought that maybe the horn button would be problematic in wet weather, but it wasn't. Sorry, I don't have any good pics of my install, but I did install the 2 horns on the left side above the clutch guard. I attached them to the bottom rad support and used both bolt holes in the rad support bracket. I had to bend the mounts (included in kit) in order to creatively place the horns to allow the hood to install properly.

Now on my Apex, I mounted them in the front nose area. Plenty of room there.

Just finished the wife's Phazer. Time to put it out to
pasture and pull the Apex in for it's going over.

Back